Anyone on Nieuw Amsterdam out of FLL very recently

goldsmip115

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure the $25 per piece of luggage answers the "Luggage Direct"  question.

I think, but am not positive, that the original Luggage Direct question referred to the service where luggage is picked up at one's home and delivered to one's cabin the day the ship sails; and the reverse.

I have that service in FLL on Princess cruises in the past; it was something like "EZ-Check", available at $25 per piece of luggage at the end of the cruise where one's bag would be picked up outside the cabin, then be checked for the return flight, and available for pickup at the carousel at its termination.

There may be additional information on the Florida Ports forum.

Doug

From the HAL website FAQ's

2. Luggage Direct

Luggage Direct offers you the opportunity to receive your airline boarding passes and check your luggage in to your flight while still onboard your Holland America Line ship. Our TSA-approved partners will take your luggage directly from the ship and deliver it to your outbound aircraft. You will claim your luggage when you arrive at your final airport destination.

If you want to make your trip home even easier, sign up for Bags VIP luggage delivery and eliminate having to deal with your luggage completely.* (See section for Bags VIP Luggage Delivery below for details.)

Luggage Direct offers:

• Ability to enjoy your final hours in port at your leisure without having to stand in line at the airport.
  • Avoid lines at disembarkation as you are invited to be the first to disembark
  • No need to locate your luggage or wait for a porters assistance in the terminal
  • Avoid lines at the airport — with boarding pass in hand and no luggage to check you can proceed directly to Security.
  • Luggage Direct is available on most of our vessels when sailing domestically in and out of the following ports:
    • Anchorage
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Seattle
    • Copenhagen — NEW — our first international option (available for Lufthansa and SAS Airlines only)

For more information, or to sign up go to www.maketraveleasier.com/Holland or call 1‐877‐847‐0045 to speak to one of our customer service representatives.

Please note the following general information about Luggage Direct:

• Cost is $19.95 per person / $29.95 for Copenhagen
  • Airline-assessed baggage fees will be applied to guest’s onboard account when applicable as per your airlines rules.
  • Guests may check no more than 3 pieces of luggage per person.
  • Upgrade requests, seat assignment changes, and flight changes cannot be accommodated onboard.
  • Restrictions for each homeport city include participating airlines, earliest and latest flight times, and citizenship requirements.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm not sure the $25 per piece of luggage answers the "Luggage Direct"  question.

I think, but am not positive, that the original Luggage Direct question referred to the service where luggage is picked up at one's home and delivered to one's cabin the day the ship sails; and the reverse.

I have that service in FLL on Princess cruises in the past; it was something like "EZ-Check", available at $25 per piece of luggage at the end of the cruise where one's bag would be picked up outside the cabin, then be checked for the return flight, and available for pickup at the carousel at its termination.

There may be additional information on the Florida Ports forum.

Doug

Note that HAL charges per person, NOT per piece of luggage (as you say Princess does). So it's $25 per person up to 3 bags per person.  The page that @FlaMariner picked up from HAL's site has incorrect prices. It was $25, not $19.99 per person last month in FLL. Other than that, the info looks like what I was given on Eurodam last month. 

10 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Note that HAL charges per person, NOT per piece of luggage (as you say Princess does). So it's $25 per person up to 3 bags per person.  The page that @FlaMariner picked up from HAL's site has incorrect prices. It was $25, not $19.99 per person last month in FLL. Other than that, the info looks like what I was given on Eurodam last month. 

Wow, I stand corrected! Paying $25 per person is a truly wonderful price to avoid lugging luggage <pun, right?>  around the terminal, onto the transport, and checking it at the airport. We're flying into FLL this fall and we will want to do that on our return flight for sure.

Doug

9 hours ago, M&amp;L-Colorado said:

Princess EZ check is also $25 per person not per piece.

Yeah, I saw that. I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was! Actually even at  $25 per bag (we only had one each) that was considered a terrific deal!

Doug

On 2/19/2023 at 7:48 AM, FlaMariner said:

Please note the following general information about Luggage Direct:

• Cost is $19.95 per person /

So this is a copy from the HAL website.....And it is wrong?  Should be $25?

I'm sending an email to HAL now.  (I'm here to serve. LOL)

44 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

So this is a copy from the HAL website.....And it is wrong?  Should be $25?

I'm sending an email to HAL now.  (I'm here to serve. LOL)

An error on HAL's website?????? I'm shocked!!!! I may faint...

And before I faint, yes, I can confirm that it was $25 last month.

• Haha 3