The Porch for Dinner on the Silhouette

bandp407

DH and I are sailing  on the Silhouette in April. We have never eaten in the Porch on Silhouette or Reflection. We are seafood lovers and would like to try it for dinner. The plexiglass should protect from the upper deck winds. Has anyone tried it for dinner and if so what was your experience? 

Just came off Reflection yesterday. Ate at the Porch Thursday. No wind issues ( just left SXM). Food was very average. Had buffalo wings (very good) lobster bisque (worst I ever had) mussels in a delicious cream sauce but they used the large green mussels which were very chewy. Had the desert sampler trio. Pretty good.

Service was slow only 2 servers for 5 tables (12) guest.

The table next to mine (5) ordered 2 of the seafood towers ($15.00) each and they were huge!

Enjoyed Lawn club grill more. Pre cruise $38.00 inc gray.

Food was very good especially the flat breads and lobster Mac and cheese.

Good luck,have fun.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Have only been for lunch but one was a quite windy sea day and we were not disturbed as the plexiglass  screening worked great. 

Thank you - I’ve seen the plexiglass. We might play it ear & perhaps just do a lunch as you did.

1 hour ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

Just came off Reflection yesterday. Ate at the Porch Thursday. No wind issues ( just left SXM). Food was very average. Had buffalo wings (very good) lobster bisque (worst I ever had) mussels in a delicious cream sauce but they used the large green mussels which were very chewy. Had the desert sampler trio. Pretty good.

Service was slow only 2 servers for 5 tables (12) guest.

The table next to mine (5) ordered 2 of the seafood towers ($15.00) each and they were huge!

Enjoyed Lawn club grill more. Pre cruise $38.00 inc gray.

Food was very good especially the flat breads and lobster Mac and cheese.

Good luck,have fun.

Hope you enjoyed your week on the Reflection. It’s a favorite of ours! Was the ship full? 

Thank you for your feedback  . We may rethink this and simply wait till on board for both . We have Murano and Tuscan booked & just thought we would try something different. 

Thank you again.