Mardi Gras - Brewhouse 'Mason Jar 32 oz' and 64oz 'Growler' - refill anywhere? Any beer choice?

HarryKane

Hi guys,

Cruising the mardi gras in August - I'm a big drinker, wife doesn't drink.

In previous carnival cruises we've done I've spent just under what it would cost for the two of us on alcohol for myself.

Im trying to save a few dollars this time with flight prices being crazy high to get over from the UK to Orlando and wondered if the offerings of the brewhouse 'Mason Jar 32 oz' and 64oz 'Growler' holders they offer can be refilled all over the ship, lido deck etc? I see a refill price for the 'Mason Jar 32 oz at $9.95 which is two pints so a few of those would save me a few dollars.

Anybody gone down this route on the madi gras? 

Also it says 'any beer' so wondered if they could refill it with domestic beers such as miller, Bud etc at $9.95?

2 hours ago, HarryKane said:

Also it says 'any beer' so wondered if they could refill it with domestic beers such as miller, Bud etc at $9.95?

The refills are for the Parched Pig varieties.  The bar has them on draft there.  

If you notice the page on the menu where the Mason jar is advertised specifically relates to the various options for the Parched Pig brews along with the growler and sampler flight.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slush said:

I also plan on getting a 32oz mason jar. But would like to bring a lid for it.

In the photos I have found, I cannot verify if it is a regular or wide mouth opening.

Anybody know for sure?

Regular mouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slush said:

I also plan on getting a 32oz mason jar. But would like to bring a lid for it.

In the photos I have found, I cannot verify if it is a regular or wide mouth opening.

Anybody know for sure?

bring a sealable stein and just pour it in there.......Or your own mason jar!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on the Celebration 02/26 and nothing around even though it was on the menu. I wanted the 32 Oz Mason Jar for cocktails with a $20 refill for the rest of the cruise. When I ordered I was told that the ship has never had them so it wasn't happening. I replied saying that its unfortunate since its on every menu in the pig and anchor bar. Bartender walked away and then came back two minutes later angry saying, "Are you going to order something or what? Should I just give you a gun so you can shoot and kill me?" Like *****?! I assume he was trying to deliver the "don't shoot the messenger" joke but his delivery was very poor. I just left and went to a different bar. Any who, don't hold your breath!

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2023 at 5:14 AM, Paelos said:

They didn't have any on the Mardi Gras 11-18 February sailing either, I was very disappointed

They didn't have any the week before as well. 

The West Coast IPA on draft was way better than the cans. Also the brewery tour was real fun on the Mardi Gras.

• 1 month later...