Carnival Venezia Sept 23 - Sept 29 2023

Haljo1935

3 minutes ago, beatleang said:

I think so too! I kept it because I got an extended Aft balcony. I've never had a balcony before so I am gonna feel like a queen! 👸 😅

I am thrilled for you!🥳 Aft balconies are wonderful and true aft balconies with wake views are especially awesome, allows you to see both sides. The extra deep balcony is like getting extra "living" space.

You will be spoiled for your 1st balcony - congrats and enjoy!! Should be spectacular views of Statue of Liberty🗽 from your balcony.

BTW - are you on for Sept 23-29 or also Sept 16-23? Just curious how long you get to be Queen for a Day 🤭

• Like 1

Just now, beatleang said:

Just the 23-29 😆 Omg I didn't even think about the NYC views from the ship. That's exciting!!!

We did a similar itinerary a couple years ago, our last cruise before Covid shutdown, from NY and the most moving memory (probably the most talked about) is seeing Lady Liberty as we left. We just couldn't get enough; probably the longest we ever stayed on our balcony during a sail away. It is actually the reason we booked this cruise with this cabin.

We'll be aft on deck 7, so maybe we'll see you. Looks like we're already neighbors - Texas neighbors 🫠 so you know we'll be loving the cooler weather!

On 6/24/2023 at 8:19 AM, new2cruise1981 said:

...My husband has been nervous about cruising since Covid, but he finally said he would go because we had such a great time on the first one...

I think you picked a good itinerary to ease your husband back into cruising - there are plenty of options to explore/walk allowing you to distance from the crowds. The beautiful scenery is great motivation to enjoy the great outdoors.

20 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We did a similar itinerary a couple years ago, our last cruise before Covid shutdown, from NY and the most moving memory (probably the most talked about) is seeing Lady Liberty as we left. We just couldn't get enough; probably the longest we ever stayed on our balcony during a sail away.

I'm not familiar with the port's location in relationship to the statue.  Do you know which side Lady Liberty will be on during the sail away and how far she is from the port?  We have deck 9 starboard balconies and hope to be able to get a good view from there.  If not, we could always go to a public deck, but I assume they will be crowded at that time.  Also, if we are on the wrong side going out we'll probably see her when we get back if it's not too dark.  

9 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I'm not familiar with the port's location in relationship to the statue.  Do you know which side Lady Liberty will be on during the sail away and how far she is from the port?  We have deck 9 starboard balconies and hope to be able to get a good view from there.  If not, we could always go to a public deck, but I assume they will be crowded at that time.  Also, if we are on the wrong side going out we'll probably see her when we get back if it's not too dark.  

Lady Liberty will be on the Starboard side as we sail out, about a half hour after we sail. After we sail, the best views of NYC will be on the port side. After reaching lower Manhattan switch over to the starboard side for Ellis island and the statue. 15 minutes after passing the statue we will sail under the Verrazano bridge. A fantastic sail away! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Lady Liberty will be on the Starboard side as we sail out, about a half hour after we sail. After we sail, the best views of NYC will be on the port side. After reaching lower Manhattan switch over to the starboard side for Ellis island and the statue. 15 minutes after passing the statue we will sail under the Verrazano bridge. A fantastic sail away! 😎

@Jamman54 thanks for the great detailed info. We will be extreme aft port 1st week (Sept 16-23) and aft port wrap 2nd week (Sept 23-29). Would gladly be open to sharing our balcony to anyone who would like to do a Sail-a-Way Crawl with @Jamman54 as the guide, if he'd oblige. I've never done something like this, but think it would be a fun, patriotic, beautiful experience. @beatleang are you game?

Screenshot_20230626-113801_kindlephoto-867420011.png

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Would one of the larger aft wraps provide enough view of both port and starboard to keep from switching sides and still capture all views?

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We did a similar itinerary a couple years ago, our last cruise before Covid shutdown, from NY and the most moving memory (probably the most talked about) is seeing Lady Liberty as we left. We just couldn't get enough; probably the longest we ever stayed on our balcony during a sail away. It is actually the reason we booked this cruise with this cabin.

We'll be aft on deck 7, so maybe we'll see you. Looks like we're already neighbors - Texas neighbors 🫠 so you know we'll be loving the cooler weather!

That sounds amazing! I am even more excited! We will be on deck 6 I believe so we just might be running into each other. I cannot wait for cooler weather. It just feels too far away.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Jamman54 thanks for the great detailed info. We will be extreme aft port 1st week (Sept 16-23) and aft port wrap 2nd week (Sept 23-29). Would gladly be open to sharing our balcony to anyone who would like to do a Sail-a-Way Crawl with @Jamman54 as the guide, if he'd oblige. I've never done something like this, but think it would be a fun, patriotic, beautiful experience. @beatleang are you game?

Okay, that sounds awesome! We would be down!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 6:39 PM, beatleang said:

My husband and I will be on this cruise, can't wait! Accidentally booked it in 2021 thinking it was for that year but it was for 2023. Been waiting a while!

I hate when that happens but you can never have enough cruises on the books. It's also nice to have things to look forward to. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We'll talk about it as we get closer to sailing. We're normally out on the open decks as Patti likes to move around and take pictures. 😎

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cantw82cruise said:

I hate when that happens but you can never have enough cruises on the books. It's also nice to have things to look forward to. 

That is so true. Looking back, everything in my life that happened in 2021, we probably would have had to cancel it. Now we are going to get to enjoy it kid free! It can't get here quick enough!

1 hour ago, beatleang said:

That is so true. Looking back, everything in my life that happened in 2021, we probably would have had to cancel it. Now we are going to get to enjoy it kid free! It can't get here quick enough!

Yea but you might have been able to squeeze a nice OBC out of them if that were the case. It was a rough couple years for every one there but I am hoping we are all past that and getting back to lots of fun and travel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cantw82cruise said:

Yea but you might have been able to squeeze a nice OBC out of them if that were the case. It was a rough couple years for every one there but I am hoping we are all past that and getting back to lots of fun and travel. 

Yes, time to live again!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

...Do you know which side Lady Liberty will be on during the sail away and how far she is from the port?  We have deck 9 starboard balconies and hope to be able to get a good view from there...

According to @Jamman54 description of when/where we can best see Lady Liberty, we'll need to change sides a couple times. We'll be Port 7 and are open to a "Sail-a-Way Crawl" to enjoy the views w/o the crowds if you'd like to participate. I believe @beatleang is joining.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:48 AM, Jamman54 said:

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 10:24 AM, beatleang said:

I think so too! I kept it because I got an extended Aft balcony. I've never had a balcony before so I am gonna feel like a queen! 👸 😅

Yes, and once you sail in a balcony, it’s hard to go back. 

Edited by BillNY
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're getting a little closer!!

Been reading about potential issues with getting ice buckets and/or ice delivered to cabins. Hopefully all that will get sorted out before we board, but we'll be taking plastic zip bags (they take up very little room) so we can get ice from Lido if necessary. 

We have never sailed out of New York only came in with the Vista on the transatlantic and it was really early in the morning when we sailed past lady liberty so I too am looking forward to seeing her in the daylight from the height of the ship. We did stay in NY for a few days after that cruise and did a harbor tour to be able to go out and see her. She is quite a sight to behold.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 1:07 PM, BridgettBBB said:

Hello, I need 4 other guests to book this tour with me and my husband. It looks awesome! It is $700 for 6 people. You must have all 6 guests to book. It’s $233 per couple. Is anyone interested? Please click the link below to read all about it. There is walk involved. A bus takes you to all major sites! 

https://gofundytours.ca/about-your-tour

@BridgettBBB how many more people do you need?

We've been looking at the Fall Foliage tour in Halifax but it is now sold out. I haven't found any independents offering similar tours.

Does anyone know for sure if there will be independent tours avail in Halifax or booked one and can share the info?

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

We don't know a lot about the area but we have some friends that were born and raised there and we went over things with them and this is what we picked.  Here is what we booked.

Halifax

Halifax and Peggy's Cove Tour.

Sydney

Bras D'or lakes Grand Tour.

Saint John

Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery 

All are tours are booked with the cruise line for this one. I just didn't feel there was enough information out there for me to feel comfortable booking with outside people on this cruise.

I hope to se some of you on these tours? 

• 4 weeks later...