Order Embarkation?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We will be on the Beyond in March.  I am elite status but need a wheelchair to board the ship as well as getting off the ship.  I realize suite guests board first, but when do the wheelchair assistance board?

Would I end up boarding with a wheelchair after Elite Status boards?

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We will be on the Beyond in March.  I am elite status but need a wheelchair to board the ship as well as getting off the ship.  I realize suite guests board first, but when do the wheelchair assistance board?

Would I end up boarding with a wheelchair after Elite Status boards?

Other than suites, there is no longer any priority boarding order.

I think it will depend on the port and your boarding time.    My experience has been they first board Suites but in many ports where they have a Suites Lounge you won't even see them boarding.    As you check in you are sent to a seating area by group and they then load them group.     What I've observed (not experienced) is Wheel Chaired guests are put in an area where ports come out and assist you boarding as they become available. 

I believe your priority use to give you priority for checking in not for boarding the ship.  If I'm wrong please fee free to correct me.

• Like 2

In Fort Lauderdale last week, suite/zenith guests were sent to the retreat lounge when they got to the terminal and they boarded the ship first from there.  

Wheelchair guests were all parked in the general waiting area and they were boarded after the suite/zenith guests to the extent that staff came off the ship to move them.  Other guests were also boarding then in the order they arrived at the terminal.  So I would predict that a person in a wheelchair would be among the next on the ship after the Retreat guests assuming that there were enough people available to push all the wheelchair passengers. If you have to wait for someone to come, you’ll board as quickly as they send someone for you.

There was no priority for elite or concierge or Aqua or any other group other than the suites/zeniths

• Like 1

I need assistance in boarding and have found it differs per port. I can walk to gain entrance to line but need wheelchair to go the distance. I am Elite-plus but this does not come into effect. In some ports the porters can get you a wheelchair when you check your luggage but that only gets you inside the building. I have never had any success with this option. The normal situation is you go into the building for check-in and find the nearest Celebrity person and inform them that you need assistance. They will find a wheelchair for you to sit in but you must wait for a pusher. This can be quick and can take a few minutes as only a specific number of the Celebrity crew are assigned this task. Be patient, once the pusher arrives, they will scoot you and your mate around the lines and get you onto the ship. If you are in a suite, go to the suite location in the building and they will arrange for a wheelchair and pusher to take you on board. I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Does that mean if I am in a wheelchair I may be waiting a long time to board the ship?

I've never noticed a long wait but I presume it is like when you check in at an airline.  It depends on the availability of porters.    I believe you will be taken care of quite quickly but if a large number of people requiring assistance all show up at the same time there may be a wait

Even when I've seen wheelchair guest leave the ship or rejoin the ship they are taken care of quickly and without undue delay.

• Like 2