First time cruiser…. Is this fair price for Beyond?

westscot

We are 2 adults and will be first time cruisers. We are looking at a 10 night Mediterranean cruise in the summer of this year on Celebrity Beyond. We’re from the UK. Interested to hear whether the prices we are looking at are fair as not really looked at cruises in the past, so don’t have much to compare with. Happy to hear from anyone including North American customers to get a general gauge of things.

Essentially the Aqua Class staterooms with the “All Included” drinks/wifi/tips package are coming in currently at the equivalent of £3199 per person. Around $400 on board credit also included with this one.

Similar Concierge Class staterooms are starting at £2737 per person (without “All included”). Again with the $400 on board credit included.

Edge staterooms with Infinite Veranda with similar starting at £2514 per person (without “All included”). Again with the $400 on board credit included.

All are in the “sale” which I understand doesn’t really make that much difference based on things I’ve read.

Does this sound about right for a 10 night cruise on Celebrity Beyond? 

Thank you!

Morning, we're currently looking at booking same itinerary on Beyond in September. Is the price you've listed through a travel agent or direct with celebrity? We're currently pricing up with an online UK cruise travel agency and bundled together with return flights to Rome, hotel for a night and Aqua cabin with drinks/tips/wifi and its coming in around £3000 pp. No onboard credit though. Cruise only directly through Celebrity was about £3300 but with I think $400 OBC. 

I was surprised actually as the 11 night we did on Reflection last year cost about the same, we had expected prices to have jumped considerably.

The prices you quoted seem fairly typical for what Celebrity is selling their Med cruises for in high season, and while there will be some small variations (due to the offer at the time) I wouldn't expect large reductions.

But I have never been on a Med cruise on Celebrity as I just cannot justify paying those prices for what you get, compared to the opportunity cost of land based vacations (or even other cruise lines).  The decision could be different if you are coming from US, with limited vacation time and the favorable exchange rate.  This is just my opinion though, don't let me put you off.

16 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

But I have never been on a Med cruise on Celebrity as I just cannot justify paying those prices for what you get, compared to the opportunity cost of land based vacations (or even other cruise lines). 

I'm not so sure. Based off a price of £3000pp in aquaclass on a 10 night cruise on Beyond, with flights and 1night stay in Rome, I just did a few quick comparisons. At the same time in September a 10 night Greek island cruise on NCL Viva is £3000 for a standard balcony cabin or £3900 for one with access to thermal suite (to make it a fairer comparison to AQ class). 

Or an all inclusive resort stay in Corfu with a sea view room is £2500pp.

I know for an extra £500 I'd much rather be on the Beyond and stopping in a new place every day than stuck in the same resort for 10 days. Not to mention more choices for food on Beyond, more bars plus multiple entertainment options on board all day and night. 

I have paid just less than £4k for a 10 nt on Silhouette in May.

Watching those prices rise and rise to the levels you are seeing this will be my last Celebrity cruise.

I have a hump balcony with the DP/Grats and WiFi.

Much better pricing elsewhere,,,I am Elite but I don’t find Celebrity exceptional anymore.

As an aside,,I have never seen Celebrity offer this before,,on my cruise in May there is an offer of x3 nights in London post cruise with hotel,sightseeing tour etc and visit to Tower etc,,,Stonehenge on first day on journey from Southampton to London and a half day visit to a ‘quaint’ little village (Bath)and a pub in the Cotswolds,,,bus to airport for flight home.Single=£2236…Couple= £3750.

They are havin a larf ain’t they!!

JC

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, westscot said:

We are 2 adults and will be first time cruisers. We are looking at a 10 night Mediterranean cruise in the summer of this year on Celebrity Beyond. We’re from the UK. Interested to hear whether the prices we are looking at are fair as not really looked at cruises in the past, so don’t have much to compare with. Happy to hear from anyone including North American customers to get a general gauge of things.

Essentially the Aqua Class staterooms with the “All Included” drinks/wifi/tips package are coming in currently at the equivalent of £3199 per person. Around $400 on board credit also included with this one.

Similar Concierge Class staterooms are starting at £2737 per person (without “All included”). Again with the $400 on board credit included.

Edge staterooms with Infinite Veranda with similar starting at £2514 per person (without “All included”). Again with the $400 on board credit included.

All are in the “sale” which I understand doesn’t really make that much difference based on things I’ve read.

Does this sound about right for a 10 night cruise on Celebrity Beyond? 

Thank you!