Pickleball on Liberty of the Seas

Cher222

I saw somewhere that there is pickleball on Liberty of the Seas. I assume it's just one court? Does anyone know if it requires reservations, and do they have balls/paddles? Travelling with a large group of interested people. Also, just curious as to how they added this on? I was thinking maybe on a former basketball court? Seem like I remember seeing empty basketball areas on many of the ships we have been on!

When we were on Mariner last year, they had set times for pickleball (open play).  It was set up on the basketball court, they just brought out a net, paddles, and balls.  There was no dedicated pickleball court.  The same court was used for pickleball, basketball, volleyball, and soccer. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Cher222 said:

I assume it's just one court? Does anyone know if it requires reservations, and do they have balls/paddles?

The basketball court can accommodate up to three pickleball courts. The ship provides everything needed to play. Just show up - no reservations.

Most RCI ships, at least Voyager class ships and above, set up two courts during the designated times. Every cruise I go on more and more people are playing pickleball. I wouldn’t suggest playing if you have never played before. With pickleball getting more popular on ships, they are speeding up games like only playing to 9, playing rally scoring, etc. So if you are new to the game, you will most likely be on the court for less than 5 minutes.