Princess App/Online OceanReady

alyssamma

So, if I use the app to try and get into Ocean Ready, it asks for my booking number. When I provide it, it says it's already taken.

Doing it on a laptop lets me in, but every time I go in it moves me from Green lane to Blue and asks me to read the travel contract again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something stupid?

TIA

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Probably NOT doing anything stupid...the app is known for its many quirks.  Getting logged in initially is one of them.  I log in with the same credentials as I use on Princess.com.  Give that a shot.

Sorry, to bee clear, I can log in. Once logged in, I click on OceanReady and it asks me to log in there...I don't have the option (on my phone) to use a username/pw...only name + booking number.

But, like I said, I got it working on my laptop, just every time I go back in it switches me from Green to Blue and makes me read the cruise contract stuff again.

Hmmm...interesting.  A few updates back they seem to have fixed this "double login" issue.  When I go into the web version now (after first logging into the main web site) it always "knows" who I am and no longer asks for that second login.

If this is what's happening on your phone/mobile device...make sure that you are using the latest version of the app.  Maybe even uninstall and reinstall.  Many people have stated that this solved a lot of their issues.

22 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hmmm...interesting.  A few updates back they seem to have fixed this "double login" issue.  When I go into the web version now (after first logging into the main web site) it always "knows" who I am and no longer asks for that second login.

If this is what's happening on your phone/mobile device...make sure that you are using the latest version of the app.  Maybe even uninstall and reinstall.  Many people have stated that this solved a lot of their issues.

Yeah, I tried uninstall and install...no luck.

I don't cruise until the end of Oct so I'll forget about it now and worry in a few months 🙂

Fully understand if you don't want to pursue this...

Help us out with some clarification, please.

What type of device are you using the app on?  (phone, tablet...) What type of phone?  (iPhone, Android)

I understand about using the (crippled) version of the app on your laptop...I have no explanation for that...other than make sure all of your "personal info" is plugged in correctly.  Also...some people have reported strangeness when they did not have their "emergency return" airport entered.  Oh...and make sure that the system has you birthday entered correctly...this is a KNOWN issue!

If using the "real" app on a phone/tablet...you should be able to log in using *either* credentials or booking number.  Can you enter the credentials that you use on the Princess website?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

What type of device are you using the app on?  (phone, tablet...) What type of phone?  (iPhone, Android)

I understand about using the (crippled) version of the app on your laptop...I have no explanation for that...other than make sure all of your "personal info" is plugged in correctly.  Also...some people have reported strangeness when they did not have their "emergency return" airport entered.  Oh...and make sure that the system has you birthday entered correctly...this is a KNOWN issue!

If using the "real" app on a phone/tablet...you should be able to log in using *either* credentials or booking number.  Can you enter the credentials that you use on the Princess website?

LOL, no worries...really I didn't want to waste *your* time. But here goes...

1) Android. I can log into the app just fine, and I see my cruise. When I log in, the OceanReady checklist comes up, says I'm in the Blue Lane. The 2 items it says I need to do are Personal Info and Docs and Choose Medallion wearable. However, I've ordered the Medallion already (got an email confirmation) and I've entered all personal info (see below). If I click the "Go to OceanReady" button, a screen pops up with my name and (correct) bday entered and asks for a booking number. If I enter that, if tells me "This booking has already been claimed"

2) I Googled the above error before posting here and saw that some people suggested using the website to enter info - which I did. I entered all of the info for myself and my wife and our profile pics changed from Blue Lane to Green Lane (this was a nightmare, btw, but eventually I did get all of the info entered.

3) However, if I go back into OceanReady on the website, it changes from Green Lane to Blue Lane and tells me I need to review the cruise contract. If I do that, it once again changes to Green, but will go back to Blue if I log in again.

4) Regardless of what I do on the website via laptop, the app on my phone says Blue Lane.

5) I've logged out of the app and deleted the app - neither make a difference.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK, a little more researching and I think I know the issue. I did a cancel/rebook today ($2K price drop, but for new bookings only). My guess is that the app cannot handle this and is still linking me to my now cancelled cruise.

When I log into the website, everything looks fine and I see my new cruise, but I'm guessing the app can't handle this...

16 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

OK, a little more researching and I think I know the issue. I did a cancel/rebook today ($2K price drop, but for new bookings only). My guess is that the app cannot handle this and is still linking me to my now cancelled cruise.

When I log into the website, everything looks fine and I see my new cruise, but I'm guessing the app can't handle this...

Various people have reported that the app can lag behind the website by as much as a couple if days. Suggest that you give it a day or so...

• Like 1