Current Royal Genie services

MoWanchuk

Hi CC,

We have cruised a couple of times before COVID in Star Class with the Genie.

I just want to confirm the Genie will still handle all dining arrangements in advance and onboard "fixing." Has anyone used theirs to make excursion arrangements?  

TIA

54 minutes ago, MoWanchuk said:

Hi CC,

We have cruised a couple of times before COVID in Star Class with the Genie.

I just want to confirm the Genie will still handle all dining arrangements in advance and onboard "fixing." Has anyone used theirs to make excursion arrangements?  

TIA

Except Hibachi and Chef's Table.  They sell out and once on board the genie can't fix that so they advise Star guests to buy them at regular cruise planner rates and the genie refunds it on board.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Except Hibachi and Chef's Table.  They sell out and once on board the genie can't fix that so they advise Star guests to buy them at regular cruise planner rates and the genie refunds it on board.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

So on my previous cruises, both times the Genie emailed me about 2-3 weeks in advance asking where we wished to eat and when. They arranged all of our reservations that day.  Are you saying your Genie didn't contact you in advance of the cruise?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Do you know if the concierge can do that for Suite Guests as well?  We were unable to get the time we wanted for Hibachi with UDP.  I've never tried this approach.    

5 hours ago, MoWanchuk said:

So on my previous cruises, both times the Genie emailed me about 2-3 weeks in advance asking where we wished to eat and when. They arranged all of our reservations that day.  Are you saying your Genie didn't contact you in advance of the cruise?

The genie contacted me in advance and told me to book CT and Hibachi if I wanted them for a group dinner as they are more likely to fill up.

Genie email:

I want to ensure that you have the full gastronomic experience you desire, so I would like to confirm your preferred dining time. Should your dining time conflict with any of the awesome shows that we have in store for you (show schedules are yet to be confirmed), I will tweak your dining time as required so as to allow you to have a leisurely dinner either before or after a show. While we always endeavor to fulfill all your requests, please understand that due to reduced seating capacity in our restaurants , last-minute requests may not always be possible. If I may kindly ask whether you are travelling with any family or friends, who may be joining you for dinner.

I would highly recommend you to book Hibachi and Chef's Table online at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked  if you are interested in sharing a table and meeting other guests because these are the only restaurants that we cannot confirm ahead of time due to its limited seating, the Hibachi table seats a maximum of 10 guests whereas Chef's Table seats a maximum of 16 guests.  All reservations open up online prior to the remaining inventory being available on board a day before your sailing. We will process your refund once you are onboard.

**Important**Chef's Table has a charge of $25 per Star Class Guest and this is for the wine served at the Wine Pairing that is not included in the Beverage Package for Star Class Guests.

The rest of the restaurants have a larger seating capacity hence I can confirm the reservations well in advance. 

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

**Important**Chef's Table has a charge of $25 per Star Class Guest and this is for the wine served at the Wine Pairing that is not included in the Beverage Package for Star Class Guests.

The wine surcharge is new, err a post-COVID "enhancement."

Good info!  Thank You. 

7 hours ago, jk04 said:

Do you know if the concierge can do that for Suite Guests as well?  We were unable to get the time we wanted for Hibachi with UDP.  I've never tried this approach.    

FWIW, we did a 8 night Med Cruise on Odyssey last summer. We had a 2BR suite (not star class) and concierge wasn't that helpful.  We had a group of 13 and I think we did a 3 night dining package, getting tables was a nightmare.  We were able to get Hibachi but for lunch.  The upside was it was for our only sea day. 

Edited by MoWanchuk
  • Thanks 1

We got lucky on Oasis a couple of weeks ago, the suite Concierge was fantastic and did a great job with our party of 5.  The only restaurant that was an issue was Hibachi.  We weren't able to get the early time like we requested, but did get a mid-time.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

We got lucky on Oasis a couple of weeks ago, the suite Concierge was fantastic and did a great job with our party of 5.  The only restaurant that was an issue was Hibachi.  We weren't able to get the early time like we requested, but did get a mid-time.

Jan

who were the concierges?

do you know if they will be the concierges on 🐾 cruise

Thanks  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Jan

who were the concierges?

do you know if they will be the concierges on 🐾 cruise

Thanks  

Francis and Chantelle.  Francis said he was supposed to get a break sometime this month, I think, but thought his contract would be extended.  I had asked if he was going to be in the Suite Lounge for the March 12th sailing.  It sounded very promising that he is and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Such a nice guy.  I'm not sure about Chantelle.

I even got to meet the internet sensation of Shane, the Star Class genie, such a sweetheart.  I had seen him in the Suite waiting area when I took my Dad on vacation on Oasis about a year ago.  We were sitting directly behind one of his families while he was talking to them, and I was explaining to my Dad what a genie was.  Shane actually remembered me, asking if we were sitting behind one of his families.  I said yes and I that I was coveting his LV bag. 😁

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Glad I looked at this, had been counting on the Genie to get a reservation for 14 at chef's table.

I thought enough to call in and there was only a single night that had space left - for a december voyage!

I've not seen a Chef's Table with more than 10 or 12 people total.