Transportation to Horseshoe Bay

Bmorecruiser021

Hello All,

A big group of friends and family (8 - adults, 9 - children (1-10 years old) are going to Bermuda in May. We are sold on going to Horseshoe Bay but torn on transportation. Anyone been there recently? Would you recommend taxi, public transit, ship excursion? Ship is charging $40 for the transfer (includes to and from ship). Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Bmorecruiser021 said:

Hello All,

A big group of friends and family (8 - adults, 9 - children (1-10 years old) are going to Bermuda in May. We are sold on going to Horseshoe Bay but torn on transportation. Anyone been there recently? Would you recommend taxi, public transit, ship excursion? Ship is charging $40 for the transfer (includes to and from ship). Thanks in advance.

There are minibus shuttles that charge $7 per person. Or you could get taxis. Taxis are $32 for 1-4 or $42 for 1-7 passengers. So you do the math. Taxis would be best unless you want to go in one vehicle. There are minibuses that hold up to 30. Don’t do the ship transfers unless you have onboard credit to burn. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bmorecruiser021 said:

Thank you! Do you know how often the mini bus runs?

They are lined up in the transportation staging area between the two ship berths. As soon as it is filled it leaves and they start filling the next one. My experiences have been between 0 and 10 minutes. They shuttle back and forth to Horseshoe all day and it works the same for the return. They mostly take cash but there are a few drivers that take credit cards. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, Charles4515 said:

They are lined up in the transportation staging area between the two ship berths. As soon as it is filled it leaves and they start filling the next one. My experiences have been between 0 and 10 minutes. They shuttle back and forth to Horseshoe all day and it works the same for the return. They mostly take cash but there are a few drivers that take credit cards. 

what if you want to go to warwick? do the buses drop off there?

51 minutes ago, brnsofia said:

what if you want to go to warwick? do the buses drop off there?

The minibus shuttles don't normally drop off at Warwick but if you talk to the drivers you might find one who will drop you there. I did that  and a  driver  did agree to drop me there after stopping and unloading at Horseshoe. The charge was $9 to Warwick. Plus I gave him a good tip.  I don't hink getting dropped off there is unusual but you need to ask before you climb in the van. You could also take the public bus or a taxi. After I spent enough time there I walked the beach trail to Horseshoe and went back to the Dockyard on a minibus from there. That was my intention to do the beach walk. There won't be any minibuses waiting to pickup at Warwick and taxis are rare. If I was not going to do the beach walk I probably would have taken the public bus back to the Dockyard as I was there solo. The others in my group did not want to do the walk.

Edited by Charles4515

38 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

How early do the minibus shuttles start running? Do you pay in cash? And do you need Bermudan money or will US dollars work?

I have got on the minibus as early  as 8:30 am. I don't know the exact time they start as I have not tried earlier than 8:30.. Mostly cash but there are a few that take credit cards. They take US dollars everywhere in Bermuda. The Bermuda dollar is pegged to the US dollar and is not an exchangeable currency except in Bermuda, The only reason you would want any Bermuda money would be as a souvenir. You might get some as small change back. If you don't use it you will have a souvenir...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have got on the minibus as early  as 8:30 am. I don't know the exact time they start as I have not tried earlier than 8:30.. Mostly cash but there are a few that take credit cards. They take US dollars everywhere in Bermuda. The Bermuda dollar is pegged to the US dollar and is not an exchangeable currency except in Bermuda, The only reason you would want any Bermuda money would be as a souvenir. You might get some as small change back. If you don't use it you will have a souvenir...

Thank you!