Who can answer these questions?I cannot find specific answers.

ycruises4fun

here's an old review:

Forget Bruno! Do Mata Tours with Stephan. You can find him in the welcome center right at the pier buildings. He is over to the left inside the welcome center. He is a hoot. He did the garden snorkel tour, fed stingrays, shark feeding, provided fresh fruit, carried us to his private motu, and to a pearl farm, and provided very comical entertainment. He was much cheaper. $40pp. He didn't provide a full lunch, but for $60 extra for Bruno, it was well not having lunch

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed him numerous time - i can't find his address right now. When I find it I will post it here.

I paid right at the dock in Raiatea - he was not in Bora Bora. We paid 40 or 50 per person. You can't miss him, he is in the welcome center right at the end of the gangway. He is in his native dress and blowing his conch shell.

The only caution is make sure he doesn't overload his boat. We have 20 people on the boat on our trip and it was cramped.

You will truly enjoy Staphane

Chuck

We were just on the 3/20 cruise. While in Bora Bora we saw Stephan. He is set up on the dock at a table with other tour operators. He had a line of folks signing up for his tour. He is a good looking fellow with a great smile.

We have been on this cruise 3 times. In 2003 with toured with Stephan in Raitea and had a great time. In 2004 and 2006 we booked with Bruno. In 2004 Bruno was one of the highlights of our tour. He was expensive, but we thought it was worth every cent. This year, we no longer feel that way. Bruno appeared to be distracted and did not provide the same level of tour as he did in 2004. He did take us to a really great pearl farm where we watched the Japanese gentleman actually pluck the pearl from the shell. It was really amazing to watch. We then walked to shore and visited the owner of the pearl farm in her beautiful home. She brought out tray after tray of gorgeous pearls all for sale. After that, everything paled in comparison to the 2004 tour.

When we return in 2008, we will probably book with Stephan.

We have booked with Bruno for our May 9th sailing. Anyone else taken Bruno's tour this year? What your experence negative as well? Bruno is not cheap and I don't want to stay booked on his tour if he isn't worth the price and Stephen is better and almost half the price. Thanks!

Hi

We booked Bruno in 2003 and joined Strephan off the dock in Bora Bora. They were distinctly different classes of tours at that time. Stephan was much cheaper and very personable but also crammed us in his boat like sardines and the fishy water in his boat left a stench on our stuff that took ages to get out. The fruit slices and juice we received was not nearly enough for the length of the tour.If you book him, take some food along. if reduced cost is of prime importance, then he is the right choice. Also, Bruno in his bathing suit is no match for Stephan in that loin cloth. Bruno's tour has a maximum of 12 people in a very comfortable and clean outrigger and features a drift snorkel that is sensational. Stephans tour goes to the same area but apparently doesn't feature that. You also get a great meal on a beautiful motu with Bruno in addition to the pearl and vanilla farm visits mentioned above. A highlight for us was the complete circumnavigation of beautiful Tahaa. We have booked Bruno for Tahaa again in October but have no plans to look for Stephan in Bora Bora this time. That said, if your budget does not stretch for a smaller group tour, you will find Stephan to be a very pleasant host.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks actually now that I think of it we have booked Bruno on Raitea/Tahaa so I guess we could go with Stephan if we want. I think we will keep with Bruno. My finance really wants to do drift snorkeling and by taking Bruno's tour in Raitea we miss the only time Princess offers it. Thanks for the input!

Archived