Check-in time

floridacruiser14

We are scheduled to leave on Eurodam from Ft Lauderdale on 2/15. How strict are they about checkin times? We were originally given 11:40 but today received an email changing to 12:00. We are in a Neptune Suite so should have priority. Was planning to arrive around 10 but don’t want to be turned away and have to wait.  Thanks for your help.

Please note that you won’t start boarding until the ship has cleared of al previous passengers and the crew does whatever resets they need to do before welcoming new passengers aboard. The crew does need some time to clean cabins, especially with HALS general approach to stateroom readiness for new passengers. 

19 minutes ago, snowmouse said:

How early does boarding usually begin?  We have an 11:00 boarding time on Nieuw 
Amsterdam this Sunday.  I'm assuming this is one of the earliest times other than priority?

11:00 is typically the earliest (it should say a group number and is probably A). 

56 minutes ago, snowmouse said:

How early does boarding usually begin?  We have an 11:00 boarding time on Nieuw 
Amsterdam this Sunday.  I'm assuming this is one of the earliest times other than priority?

I suspect its an 11am check in time, because boarding usually starts between 11:30 and noon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snowmouse said:

It does say, A.  I guess we'll take it!😊

As a general rule each group is separated by 20 minute intervals so B would be 11:20, C 11:40 and so on.  Of course if you are in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite or are 4* or 5* mariners you can show up at any time you like (why they assign check in times to them I will never understand). 

Edited by Real NHDOC

On 2/9/2023 at 8:30 AM, floridacruiser14 said:

How strict are they about checkin times?

We cruised out of Port Everglades in November and no-one checked, verified, requested, reprimanded, kicked us to the curb or did anything to verify whatever boarding time was printed on the boarding pass...........and we booked steerage (inside guarantee). 

Based on our experience boarding HAL ships in Amsterdam and Port Everglades since the unpleasantness,  boarding times did not matter and we were onboard before noon in time for lunch.

Also, check-in is quick.  As fast as you can walk and flash your passport on the magic iPad, you are done. Then grab a seat and wait until your boarding position is called.  Easy peasy.