Off Apex on 2/4

cttraveller

Just back on 2/4 on Apex

Had awonderful cruise.  Was nervous reading some negative reviews. 

Stayed Friday at Riverside Hotel on Las Olahs in Ft Laudedale.  Great location and good hotel..   Uber to port, arrived 1030 for scheduled 1115 on boards.  Walked right on by 1100.  Got my keys and room was still in turnover.  

Ate at 3 of four MDRs. Never had to wait for more than 5 min.  Food was good, choices to my liking. They are happy to give you more than one of anything.  In the Med themed dining room ordered lamb shank.  Waiter said short rib is so good will also bring you one.  He was right on. 

Oceanview not my style.  What I had there was fine.  No room service either on 25 cruises might have ordered 3 times. 

Three specialty restaurants package.  Liked Eden best then Rooftop grill and then Steakhouse.  Crab cake and Lobster casserole in Eden are worth price of admission.  Don’t miss it 

70% full never felt crowded.  Chair hogs were in action.  Did see pool guys moving stuff.

Entertainment was fine.  The rock show, divas and late night comedy my favorities.

Cole runs the Eden lounge.  He is great.  All staff very friendly and helpful.  

Left ship at 845 am walked right off, found bags and promptly walked through Customs.

First timer on Edge class ship.   Overall think I prefer the Solstice and Millennium class ships layout.  

If your voyage is coming up, go with a positive attitude and don’t sweat the small stuff like wanting 4 lobster tails.  Enjoy. 

Happy to help if you have questions. 

Bon Voyage.   CHeers

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

46 minutes ago, cttraveller said:

Dining was anytime option.  We usually went 7-8 pm.  

Thank you for responding. Another post on this board implied that the Apex went back to offering a fixed Early and Late seating option in addition to anytime mid January when previously the Apex was all anytime dining. Can you speak to that? If that's true that would be a change from what was recently started since the Fall sailings.