3 chairs on balcony on Bliss

borgerboy@aol.com

Sailing on Bliss thru Panama Canal soon. I checked with NCL and the size of our balcony is 42 sq Ft. Does anyone know if 3 chairs will fit?  There are 2 of us, but my sister is in a studio cabin. Hoping we can squeeze her in on the balcony for sail away and transiting the canal. Thank in advance 

21 minutes ago, borgerboy@aol.com said:

Sailing on Bliss thru Panama Canal soon. I checked with NCL and the size of our balcony is 42 sq Ft. Does anyone know if 3 chairs will fit?  There are 2 of us, but my sister is in a studio cabin. Hoping we can squeeze her in on the balcony for sail away and transiting the canal. Thank in advance 

Yes, it it's an aft balcony.  But honestly, you won't be sitting in one place during the Canal transit. You want to check out the Observation Lounge, the open bow of the ship, sit out on both sides of the Waterfront.  I typically have a balcony but prefer to be up top during Sailaway so my view isn't limited but if you are in a regular balcony (not an angeled one) it will be a tight squeeze with 3 chairs.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the reply. It’s not an aft balcony, just a regular one. Just hoping there’s room for the 3 of us to squeeze in and have a drink. My best friend and I are sharing the balcony room and I booked my sister a studio. We’ll be out and about a lot but I’m sure there will be times we want to sit on the deck and fish, smoke a bowl, or do other naughty things. Just kidding. No weed or poles are coming with us. 

6 hours ago, borgerboy@aol.com said:

No on the three chairs. And there would be no way to get a chair by sail away. 

Just grab the stool from the desk and use it as a third seat. 

We were just on the Bliss through the Panama Canal on the January 27 sailing.  We asked our stateroom steward for a third chair so that our friend who was sailing solo in an inside cabin could join us.  He provided a wicker type chair without arms (like those used with dining tables outside the buffet on the pool deck).  This worked fine on our regular balcony.  It just took a little maneuvering.  We still had the tiny table out there, too.

The advice to use the Observation Lounge for the canal transit is solid.  They removed the comfy lounging chairs up by the forward window wall and brought in lots of folding chairs so many people could enjoy the view.