Disembarkation Questions in Istanbul

Lexcruiser

When disembarking at Galataport in Istanbul, how far is it from the ship to the port exit?  Any issues for persons with limited mobility?  If using a taxi, do you have to exit the port or is there a taxi rank before the exit?  Are there any difficulties in handling luggage from wherever it is picked up in the terminal to the port exit?  Are porters available?  The videos of the port show quite a few escalators; are there also elevators?  If anyone has used Luggage Forward to ship bags home, where are the bags dropped off?  Any problems there?  Thanks for your assistance.

Are you sure ship is docking at Galataport? Disembarked in Istanbul in October and whilst initially we were told we would dock in Galataport we actually docked in the much smaller TDI Sarayburnu. It is a tiny port and we were less than 100 yards from the gangway to taxis via passport control and luggage collection. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, Dunnedg said:

Are you sure ship is docking at Galataport? Disembarked in Istanbul in October and whilst initially we were told we would dock in Galataport we actually docked in the much smaller TDI Sarayburnu. It is a tiny port and we were less than 100 yards from the gangway to taxis via passport control and luggage collection. 

I've just started a new thread on this subject as I'm getting conflicting information on which port we'll be embarking in April.  Need to find out before we book an hotel.

I hope it's Sarayburnu, as Galataport is gigantic, we were there last year on Celebrity, it takes over 15 minutes to walk from the ship to the street.

48 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

I've just started a new thread on this subject as I'm getting conflicting information on which port we'll be embarking in April.  Need to find out before we book an hotel.

Given that either port is readily accessible, I'd be booking a hotel more on the basis of the hotel's location vis-a-vis Istanbul attractions that you wish to be near, rather than proximity to the ship.  Or on the basis of the hotel itself (of which there are several distinct and delightful lodgings to choose from).

Just by two kopeks.  (Or should I say lira?)