NCL Pride of America Excursions

lascmojo

Hi everyone,

I'm helping my elderly parents plan their excursions when they cruise POA in late March. The excursions offered by NCL are exorbitantly expensive. Has anyone cruised this ship and have suggestions on other *reliable* tour operators? They don't want to rent a car, so that's not an option. They're looking for circle island tours (not so much snorkeling or hiking long trails).

Thanks in advance for any insights!

I agree with your thoughts about the POA excursions, and we don't want to rent a car either.  I plan to use excursions from https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/ for Maui and Kona.  We have used this company for excursions in the Caribbean (not been to Hawaii yet), and I liked what I got.

For Hilo we are going on the Hoppa On Hoppa Off Keikana Trolley Tour.

For Nawailiwili we have a Helicopter tour (Blue Hawaiian) and Day Pass (Royal Sonesta).

Prior to cruise in Honolulu we are doing the Polynesian Cultural Center (booked on line with transportation) and Roberts Circle Island tour.

Google each island for cruise excursions.  Most of what you get involve snorkeling and hiking (not for me), but you can find other tours.

Let me know what you find.  It may give me more ideas.  We sail in May.  

• Thanks 1

@georgiacat-  thanks for sharing!  someone suggested Roberts Tour, which they said is POA's Hawaii tour subcontractor.   I looked at their online site, which is cheaper than POA, but still pricey.

My parents booked through Viator for an Oahu City tour (Pearl Harbor & USS Missouri, drive-through).

I'll keep you posted if I get any more insights.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, lascmojo said:

@georgiacat-  thanks for sharing!  someone suggested Roberts Tour, which they said is POA's Hawaii tour subcontractor.  I looked at their online site, which is cheaper than POA, but still pricey.

My parents booked through Viator for an Oahu City tour (Pearl Harbor & USS Missouri, drive-through). I'll keep you posted if I get any more insights.

My comment was going to be, "whatever you do, DO NOT book through Viatour." Viatour doesn't have a presence in ANY of these locations.

They have paid a lot of money to show up early in Google searches.

Roberts Hawaii is a home-grown Hawaiian tour company that has been offering tours in Hawaii for 72 years. I'd be willing to pay more for what I consider to be a high quality company that is a known entity.

With Viator, you have no idea who is actually giving the tour, they are just resellers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2023 at 4:49 PM, lascmojo said:

Hi everyone,

I'm helping my elderly parents plan their excursions when they cruise POA in late March. The excursions offered by NCL are exorbitantly expensive. 

Do know that it's not just the excursions that are expensive.  Hawaii itself is exorbitantly expensive.

• Like 1

@Silver Sweethearts- yes, thank you, we are aware that Hawaii is expensive.  I have apprised them of that fact having been to each island myself a number of times.  POA excursions are extremely pricey per person notwithstanding Hawaii 's  already high price points.  Thus, I'm trying to help them navigate this.