Removing NCL Air from reservation

lsmommy

Has anyone run into a situation where removing the air has increased

the total price? 

I called to remove the air and the agent said the base fare had gone up and that she would have  to reprice everything. 

when I look on line I see the base fare is less but see did not see that and all the add on are the same . I  guess I can always cancel and rebook .

I've heard of it happening to a few fellow passengers and it may happen  to me later this morning when I call.  If so, well, there are plenty of other cruise lines.  Yes, drastic response, however, IMO, we shouldn't have to put up with it.  

I'm looking at my June cruise though not the April one so it may be different outcome.   

When I removed my airfare they just removed that line item along with the pier to port transportation charges (which I could have added back if I decided to use it).  My TA handled the transaction and sent me an updated confirmation invoice. Perhaps it matters when you cancel, I did it long before final payment, so perhaps there is something different when you are between 120 and 75 days out.

2 hours ago, lsmommy said:

I actually called back and this person removed the airfare which was $300 and the base fare had gone down $400 so price reduced by $700.

I initially was going to response to your first post to say, call again and speak to another representative.  Then again if needed.  Unfortunately, you do get different answers sometimes.

Glad you called again and got the price reduction and a nice one at that.