Uniworld solo traveller offer

Queen of my Heart

Uniworld has a "no single supplement" offer on some of its upcoming cruises, and some of the prices are very attractive. However, I am wondering if I will feel at all uncomfortable on Uniworld as I am not a great one for dressing up (don't own anything approaching an evening or cocktail dress) and am a non-drinker. Obviously, I smatern up a bit in the evenings but it doesn't matter how good the price is if I am going to feel underdressed, especially in the evenings. I've read the "stickies" and looked at Uniworld's website but I would appreciate any views/experience that anyone has on what it's like to travel with Uniworld.

1 hour ago, Queen of my Heart said:

Uniworld has a "no single supplement" offer on some of its upcoming cruises, and some of the prices are very attractive. However, I am wondering if I will feel at all uncomfortable on Uniworld as I am not a great one for dressing up (don't own anything approaching an evening or cocktail dress) and am a non-drinker. Obviously, I smatern up a bit in the evenings but it doesn't matter how good the price is if I am going to feel underdressed, especially in the evenings. I've read the "stickies" and looked at Uniworld's website but I would appreciate any views/experience that anyone has on what it's like to travel with Uniworld.

I sailed Uniworld twice. I never brought a dress of any kind as I hardly ever weat them. I brought a pair of nicer black pants and I have a light silk jacket that I wear over a black t-shirt when I want to dress up. On other evenings I wore my usual tops which are basically patterned t-shirts.

• Like 1

I agree with gnome12.  I have also sailed with Uniworld and I don't bring dresses with me on any cruises. I am just not a "dress gal". The photos on lines are showing you the decor of each riverboat but the dress code? Has nothing to do with the decor.  

River Cruises are not what I consider (and many others do as well) they are not a "dressy experience".

I also bring pants (black ones LOL) and tops.  I may wear jeans during the day and change into my black slacks for dinner.  Yes, and different tops.  

I would not worry about being underdressed. A pair of pants and top/pullover/blouse/etc.....will be just fine.

And I saw some of those sailings with no single supplements too! Looking to find one for this summer🙂

• Like 1

I’ve sailed on Uniworld three times and have a cruise booked for April. Like gnome and Lois, I’ve never brought anything dressy with me. During the day I have dressed very casually, and in the evenings I have typically worn pants or leggings with a tunic or nice blouse. I, too, have never even packed a dress. Unless you show up in shorts and a T-shirt and flip-flops for dinner, I doubt you will feel underdressed. 😉

ETA: The trip I booked for this spring is one of the solo specials. Those prices are terrific!

Edited by bubbulz
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Queen of my Heart said:

Hi. When you mention solo specials do you mean the Single Occupancy Solo Traveller savings? If not, is there some special Secret Squirrel offer that I haven't yet found??

No secret… Just the specific cruises where they have waived the single supplement. 

• Like 1

I've done 3 solo cruises on uniworld and  taken advantage of the solo discount on all of them.  I echo what the others have posted.  I've never worn a cocktail dress or evening gown when river cruising.  Usually black pants and a nice top or tunic. 

There is no pressure to drink alcohol.  In fact, on my last uniworld cruise, the cruise director shared that he was a recovering alcoholic. 

There were several solo sailors on all of my river cruises. 

There's a $100 - $200 discount for previous passengers, but it's not a secret.  Do tell,  what is a secret squirrel???  🐿

1 hour ago, Queen of my Heart said:

Hi. When you mention solo specials do you mean the Single Occupancy Solo Traveller savings? If not, is there some special Secret Squirrel offer that I haven't yet found??

Yes, there are multiple cruises on the Uniwolrd website that have a waived single supplement. If you click on  "offers" on the Homepage, one choice is "Waived Single Supplements" and there are quite a few choices. 

There are no secrets of any kind involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roz said:

I've done 3 solo cruises on uniworld and  taken advantage of the solo discount on all of them.  I echo what the others have posted.  I've never worn a cocktail dress or evening gown when river cruising.  Usually black pants and a nice top or tunic. 

There is no pressure to drink alcohol.  In fact, on my last uniworld cruise, the cruise director shared that he was a recovering alcoholic. 

There were several solo sailors on all of my river cruises. 

There's a $100 - $200 discount for previous passengers, but it's not a secret.  Do tell,  what is a secret squirrel???  🐿

Good to know about there being other solo travellers. There are usually a handful or so, especially if there has been a special offer of reduced or no single supplements. I can find it daunting to be continually initiating conversations, seeking out dining companions.

Secret squirrel means something only known to the initiated, usually in a clique or some other closed group. At least, that's what it means to my generation. I understand that it means something quite different to much younger people😳

Love your avatra, btw. Gorgeous cat!

• Like 3