Crystal Caves and Snorkeling

GWAE

We are struggling to find something to do for an overnight in Bermuda. We will be there the first week of April. We were going to do the snorkeling tour to a shipwreck but I am not sure if they are doing them and it appears the water will be cold. Does anyone know if that is the case?

Other question is about crystal cave. I have a bad knee. Not so bad where I can not walk but I have a hard time crawling. All of the pictures I have seen for Crystal seems to have nice pathways. For anyone that has done this tour, what is the walk like and was the tour worth it?

10 minutes ago, GWAE said:

We are struggling to find something to do for an overnight in Bermuda. We will be there the first week of April. We were going to do the snorkeling tour to a shipwreck but I am not sure if they are doing them and it appears the water will be cold. Does anyone know if that is the case?

Other question is about crystal cave. I have a bad knee. Not so bad where I can not walk but I have a hard time crawling. All of the pictures I have seen for Crystal seems to have nice pathways. For anyone that has done this tour, what is the walk like and was the tour worth it?

The water will be cold the first week of April. I found even May to be too cold for me. YMMV

The caves are 88 steps down and 88 steps back up. I would not do those with a bad knee. YMMV. Crystal cave when you get down there is no walk, you just look. Fantasy Cave has a path. As to whether it is worth it if you have been to any large caves in the US they don’t compare. 

Edited by Charles4515

49 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Crystal cave when you get down there is no walk, you just look. Fantasy Cave has a path.

It's been many years since I've been there, but I'm almost certain there's a walkway in Crystal Cave. I know I'm not confusing it with Fantasy Cave because I went so long ago that Fantasy Cave wasn't yet open to the public.

34 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It's been many years since I've been there, but I'm almost certain there's a walkway in Crystal Cave. I know I'm not confusing it with Fantasy Cave because I went so long ago that Fantasy Cave wasn't yet open to the public.

It is just a short walk on a bridge over the clear spring. It is not what I would call a pathway. You  are really just in a cavern on a bridge over the water. You can't go anywhere. Fantasy Caves has a pathway. Not a long one though.

Edited by Charles4515

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is just a short walk on a bridge over the clear spring. It is not what I would call a pathway. Youb are really just in a cavern. You can't go anywhere. Fantasy Caves has a pathway. Not a long one though.

Yes, I remember the bridge, and that's what I was calling a walkway, so there is a walk, even if short.