Interesting Yacht Club Question

KennyFla

On 2/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, shellyd1 said:

I have seen someone in the Yacht Club that had too much to drink, arguing with another person that also had too much to drink about some American sports team.  I also saw some other people that were wearing very very casual clothes.  Money doesn't buy class.

Dang! 
Does your edict demand that I cannot wear my shorts along with my “Goat Ropers Need Love Too” tee shirt in YC?

I may have to rethink this entire undertaking!!😵💫

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, nednrom said:

At the ripe age of 60, if wearing casual clothes on a caribbean cruise is considered having no class, then so be it. I will proudly claim that I have no class. I understand the inappropriateness of the drunks in public but you can't compare it to casual clothing.

It's not what you wear, but how you wear it.  For me it's gonna be t-shirts with bling added for evening attire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For us it isn't the included drinks.  We don't drink during the day as a general rule, excluding maybe a single beer each after a sweaty excursion/outing (replacing essential body fluids).  We do enjoy a cocktail in the evening, but don't get overserved.  We do the YC for the short lines, service on board and for the generally very accommodating restaurant that isn't the madhouse of a main dining room.  I could care less what others wear, but my own standard of what is appropriate dining room dress is applied just to me.  I don't judge others.  (OK, except for the guy in the wife beater shirt & ball cap - that was over the line).

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, nednrom said:

At the ripe age of 60, if wearing casual clothes on a caribbean cruise is considered having no class, then so be it. I will proudly claim that I have no class. I understand the inappropriateness of the drunks in public but you can't compare it to casual clothing.

If wearing casual clothes means you have no class, then make room in that boat, cause I belong.

• Like 1