Deck 11 on the Allure? Guaranteed Balcony Room Assignment

AnnaP

So I did the barcode trick that people have talked about to find out our room numbers for our two Guaranteed Balcony rooms on an upcoming sailing and was shocked that we actually got rooms almost right next to one another! I am so excited!! 

Anything I should know about balcony rooms on deck 11? Is it going to be loud? Not that I mind just like being prepared. Has anyone ever had their room number change after checking in? When I went to see balcony rooms on the ship it looks like all that is left is Guaranteed and you cant even choose a room anymore.

Thanks all!! 

Deck 11 is great on Allure - nothing above or below to cause noise. What type of balcony did you get? IE Ocean view, Boardwalk or Central Park? I find Boardwalk balconies noisy when on the balcony (inside the room with the door closed it's fine though). Some people love the activity on the boardwalk but I, personally, love a more peaceful baclony experience. YMMV

We requested a Guaranteed Ocean Balcony. We got rooms 11620 and 11624. I am so glad since one of the rooms will be my son and his best friend and the other my husband and I. I almost spent the extra money to pick our own rooms but given the overall cost I just couldn't justify it so I rolled the dice. I think I won 🙂

There is one room between us but I think that is just perfect heh

37 minutes ago, mr. godfredo said:

Please enlighten me about the "barcode" trick???

For unassigned gty bookings, once you check in for your cruise (45 days out) and get your set sail pass, you can decide the barcode to see if there is a hidden cabin number.  For iPhone users, just add the set sail pass to your apple wallet.  Once in your wallet, look at the characters below the barcode to the right of the dash (-).  If they’re digits there (for example 11620) that is your future cabin assignment (though Royal has the right to change it, they rarely do).  If it says GTY your cabin has not not been assigned; you can check back later, especially if you see a muster station location appear on your app.

If you are an android user, you might try a bar code reading app.

I checked in at 45 days this week and my future cabin number for my Odyssey cruise was in the bar code. I think we will like it.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3