Reserving shows and activities question

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an Ovation May 1, 2023 cruise on RCL and I’ve read a lot of mixed information about when reservations for various things actually open on the app. (Seems like the # of days before the cruise changed since Covid, so some articles are out of date). Can anyone who’s cruised recently clarify please? I’m worried about getting the dates wrong and not getting anything 😂

1. For instance, does midnight mean Central time?

2. When can I book the show for Two70?

3. Do I need to make reservations to see main theater shows & if so, when?

4. When can I book North Star? Also is it true that this is only free on port days now?

5. When can I book iFly by Ripchord? Is this also only free on port days?

6. Can I book spots for my whole family using only my app?

7. How many different main production shows are there that require reservations?

8.If hypothetically I booked a second dinner (later in the evening) at Solarium, my regular main dining early seating is unaffected, correct?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

16 hours ago, lovely_serenity said:

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an Ovation May 1, 2023 cruise on RCL and I’ve read a lot of mixed information about when reservations for various things actually open on the app. (Seems like the # of days before the cruise changed since Covid, so some articles are out of date). Can anyone who’s cruised recently clarify please? I’m worried about getting the dates wrong and not getting anything 😂

1. For instance, does midnight mean Central time?

2. When can I book the show for Two70?

3. Do I need to make reservations to see main theater shows & if so, when?

4. When can I book North Star? Also is it true that this is only free on port days now?

5. When can I book iFly by Ripchord? Is this also only free on port days?

6. Can I book spots for my whole family using only my app?

7. How many different main production shows are there that require reservations?

8.If hypothetically I booked a second dinner (later in the evening) at Solarium, my regular main dining early seating is unaffected, correct?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

We were on Ovation and then Quantum Sep/Oct.

Only one show need reservations and that was in Two70, once there no one checked for reservations, everyone just walked in.

Northstar was free on port days and sea days, we tried to book on day 2 and everything for the week was booked except for the pay experience.

Book Northstar and Ripcord as soon as you board. 

Yes, you can book everyone with the app.

No reservations need for any showroom including two70.

You can go to Solarium Bistro any time without reservations, no effect on MDR.

Looking at the picture there is a cozy little seating area on the very bottom left that looks fantastic.  You can see almost nothing from those seats... Sit up front or up front in the balcony if you can. happy cruising

image.thumb.png.69dc72d25b8c96f446ce477233d121d0.png

18 hours ago, lovely_serenity said:

I’ve got an Ovation May 1, 2023

On May 1 2023, the Ovation will be at sea, one day before it reaches Honolulu. Do you mean May 2 2023 or May 1 2024. I will be on the ship in May, so that’s why I know dates.

I board the ship on Mar 27 and only had to make reservations for Pixels Cabaret in Two70. I personally liked upstairs (Deck 6) for the best view. No other shows require reservations. Reservations open on the 1st of the month, prior to sail month. So for May sailings, reservations open Apr 1.

I have already made reservations for Solarium Bistro for dinner. If there are tables open, they will seat you, but it isn’t always guaranteed.

Free IFly and Northstar can be booked once on board. Extended/Pay versions can be booked earlier.

PS…Join the Roll Call. You can always get good info there.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Ovation and then Quantum Sep/Oct.

Only one show need reservations and that was in Two70, once there no one checked for reservations, everyone just walked in.

Northstar was free on port days and sea days, we tried to book on day 2 and everything for the week was booked except for the pay experience.

Book Northstar and Ripcord as soon as you board. 

Yes, you can book everyone with the app.

No reservations need for any showroom including two70.

You can go to Solarium Bistro any time without reservations, no effect on MDR.

Looking at the picture there is a cozy little seating area on the very bottom left that looks fantastic.  You can see almost nothing from those seats... Sit up front or up front in the balcony if you can. happy cruising

image.thumb.png.69dc72d25b8c96f446ce477233d121d0.png

Thank you so much!! & duly noted!

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

On May 1 2023, the Ovation will be at sea, one day before it reaches Honolulu. Do you mean May 2 2023 or May 1 2024. I will be on the ship in May, so that’s why I know dates.

I board the ship on Mar 27 and only had to make reservations for Pixels Cabaret in Two70. I personally liked upstairs (Deck 6) for the best view. No other shows require reservations. Reservations open on the 1st of the month, prior to sail month. So for May sailings, reservations open Apr 1.

I have already made reservations for Solarium Bistro for dinner. If there are tables open, they will seat you, but it isn’t always guaranteed.

Free IFly and Northstar can be booked once on board. Extended/Pay versions can be booked earlier.

PS…Join the Roll Call. You can always get good info there.

Thank you!! & ah yes it is the 2nd hahah oops