Reflection/Equinox Question

soapbxking

Good Morning.  Frequent Cruiser here but have never sailed on Celebrity as yet.  I am running thru the booking and notice that the veranda rooms on the 6th floor of these ships is showing partial view??  Exactly what is the partial for this deck/rooms??  Thanks in advance!!  Also i notice if i am choosing veranda rooms, it is ONLY letting me choose form this deck.

14 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

Good Morning.  Frequent Cruiser here but have never sailed on Celebrity as yet.  I am running thru the booking and notice that the veranda rooms on the 6th floor of these ships is showing partial view??  Exactly what is the partial for this deck/rooms??  Thanks in advance!!  Also i notice if i am choosing veranda rooms, it is ONLY letting me choose form this deck.

Most of the partial views on this deck are due to the lifeboats.

28 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

The view of the ocean from these cabins is partially obstructed by the lifeboats one deck below.  The lifeboats are suspended above Deck 5 so they intrude on the view of the Deck 6 balcony cabins above them. I believe the lifeboat swing arm support structure also obstructs the view as well.

On Equinox, there are veranda cabins available on other decks such as 7, 8, and 9.  If you are only presented with Deck 6, then the others are likely sold out (for now).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2131158-celebrity-solstice-2d-obstructed-balcony-question/

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Just now, RTShaker said:

Most of the partial views on this deck are due to the lifeboats.

i had a feeling,  it appears that if i try and choose a veranda stateroom, this is the ONLY deck i can choose form?/  that doesnt make sense 😞

15 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The view of the ocean from these cabins is partially obstructed by the lifeboats one deck below.  The lifeboats are suspended above Deck 5 so they intrude on the view of the Deck 6 balcony cabins above them. I believe the lifeboat swing arm support structure also obstructs the view as well.

On Equinox, there are veranda cabins available on other decks such as 7, 8, and 9.  If you are only presented with Deck 6, then the others are likely sold out (for now).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2131158-celebrity-solstice-2d-obstructed-balcony-question/

yeah its possible i guess.  its a year out, but maybe sold out  who knows 😞  Thanks for the info though  very helpful

20 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

i had a feeling,  it appears that if i try and choose a veranda stateroom, this is the ONLY deck i can choose form?/  that doesnt make sense 😞

When I look at the Jan 6 Reflection sailing there are non-obstructed view balcony cabin categories available including the Sunset balconies on the stern (no lifeboats there!).

image.thumb.png.5c275cfb5fcc4530b5aedf4069ff1e4f.png

Edited by mahdnc

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

When I look at the Jan 6 Reflection sailing there are non-obstructed view balcony cabin categories available including the Sunset balconies on the stern (no lifeboats there!).

image.thumb.png.5c275cfb5fcc4530b5aedf4069ff1e4f.png

well poop, didnt come up for me.  i just searched it as veranda stateroom  reckon i will try again 😞  thanks!!

1 minute ago, soapbxking said:

well poop, didnt come up for me.  i just searched it as veranda stateroom  reckon i will try again 😞  thanks!!

Here is the link that I was using straight from Celebrity's website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomType?pID=RF08D069&sDT=2024-01-06&sCD=RF&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

I checked the 11/25 and saw the same thing you did.  I then checked 2 large TA sites and 1 had only the Deck 6 and the otherhad deck 6 and  a V2 veranda guarantee.

It looks like verandas are pretty much sold out for this sailing.