Magic or Vista?

craig01020

I want to book a Dec. 2024 Eastern Caribbean cruise.  Carnival Magic and Vista have the same itineraries, departure date and length.  The only difference is Vista leaves from Port Canaveral and Magic from Miami.

I haven't been on either ship before. All things being equal, which ship would you choose?

Thanks.

Edited by craig01020

I personally loved magic more than vista. Vista made the theater smaller and comedy club, so its harder to see comedy shows. Vista closed in the promenade so when you walk thru there you arent looking at the ocean. Magic has the nicer spa.

Vista has JiJis pay restaurant which I loved and has Havana. I did specialty restaurants on vista except lobster night .. didnt care for Mdr dinners on either lately. 

If you want a spa cabin, magic, if you want Havana vista. 

Magic to me was beautiful  .. vista a bit newer. 

• Thanks 1

The Vista is a good deal newer than the Magic. It has a lot more bells and whistles so to speak. There are a lot more free (and paid for) dining choices. It also has a microbrewery, the new Havana area, the sky ride and an IMAX theater. I would choose it every time hands down. But I like the bigger newer ships that have more things to do and places to eat. My husband loves doing the microbrewery tour and always gets the beer sampler. I like watching first run (currently in theaters) movies at the IMAX theater with their comfy reclining seats and buttery popcorn. But I also love the Magic because the Dream class has the best spas in the carnival fleet. But it would definitely be the Vista for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Magic. Dream class ships are my favorite. I like that you can see the water from the walkways on the public floors due to all the floor to ceiling windows. Reminds you that you are on a cruise ship.

I was on the Horizon (Vista class) and it felt like a “big box” ship. No personality at all. Seems like everywhere you go is an enclosed hallway. Plus, the atrium is weak and lacking.

• Thanks 1