Shore Excursion Group

Mickey22

Hello,

We will be doing a B3B this fall with a lot of stops in Greece. Has anyone ever used shore excursiongroup.com to tour? They do offer some good options at reasonable prices. Before I book I would like to hear about anyone’s experience with them or if you can recommend another tour group or guide. Thanks in advance.

Jane

If you do a search, you will see MANY threads discussing them. They are an excursion broker, not a provider. That means they take your money and contract with a low bid provider. This can mean some good prices, but it also means difficulty contacting anyone when there is a problem.

The very common recommendation here is deal directly with local, recommended vendors.

• Like 1

We've used them once for a tour in St Martin on our cruise last month.  Was probably the worst excursion I've been on.  We've cruised many times and typically do a mix of ship excursions and private excursions.  We won't use shore excursion group again.  

Try Tours by Locals instead. Just Google Tours by Locals. They have guides in practically every port. You can read guide's reviews and then communicate directly with your guide to customize the tour. Very reasonably priced as well. I have not worked with the Shore Excursion Group.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, KBrote said:

Try Tours by Locals instead. Just Google Tours by Locals. They have guides in practically every port. You can read guide's reviews and then communicate directly with your guide to customize the tour. Very reasonably priced as well. I have not worked with the Shore Excursion Group.

Just be aware that with Tours by Locals, many are not actually licensed guides. That may not matter for some tours but -- for example -- only actual licensed guides are allowed to accompany a visitor inside a site like the Colosseum or Vatican Museum in Rome. Hence, you'll find that a lot of tours offered on TbL tend to be outdoor visits, walks around the city, etc.

Having a good, reputable guide that really knows their history is important to me. I have to say that I've had mixed results using TbL.

• Like 1