packing suggestions for Majesty

tsage

Hi everyone! I am going on my first cruise in 2 weeks!!! on the Norwegian Majesty. I have read a lot of packing suggestions - but would love to get one more specific to the Majesty. Also, is even a travel iron completely out?:confused:

Hi everyone! I am going on my first cruise in 2 weeks!!! on the Norwegian Majesty. I have read a lot of packing suggestions - but would love to get one more specific to the Majesty. Also, is even a travel iron completely out?:confused:

Hello TSAGE, I'm on the Majesty, 1st time, April 15th. Really not knowing what to expect. If you don't mind, when you return, let me know how you liked it and and some of the can't miss things to do as well as any other helpful info you may have come up with. Have a great time, 35 more days for me.

Hi tsage,

I have been on the Majesty twice and enjoyed it.

About what to bring------

Most nights are resort casual. This means dress slacks, dockers, with collared tops for men; and dresses, slacks, skirts with nice tops for ladies. Formal nite is optional, however many people do dress up. Shorts, tees, and jeans are ok during the day, but are not allowed in diningrooms after 5:30.

I always bring a nice jacket or sweater. The nights can be cool, and the AC in the diningrooms and theater is chilly.

Cabins are very small, but storage is adaquate. We kept extra stuff in the suitecase under the bed. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom, but I recommend that you bring your own. Their's is not powerful, and takes forever. Travel irons are a no no..........fire hazzard.

Hope that this helped.

Have on the Majesty 7 times. The hair dryer is not good at all. I have short hair and always bring my own. Also a small power strip since there is only one plug. We also bring an over the door shoe organizer and hang it on the inside of the bathroom door. Keeps things much more organized. A travel alarm clock is nice to have. We will be on the Majesty in May again to do the Boston to Bermuda cruise. Would be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Have on the Majesty 7 times. The hair dryer is not good at all. I have short hair and always bring my own. Also a small power strip since there is only one plug. We also bring an over the door shoe organizer and hang it on the inside of the bathroom door. Keeps things much more organized. A travel alarm clock is nice to have. We will be on the Majesty in May again to do the Boston to Bermuda cruise. Would be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

wouldn't it be nice if entertainment tours ran a bus from framingham/worcester down to the ny piers. pleasw call them.

7 times, wow! Can you tell me if there are DVD players in the cabins or is it possible to bring my own on the ship to hook up to the TV?

What percentage of people are really dressed for formal night as opposed to casual wear on that night? I can't decide whether or not to take real dressy clothes or just nice casual clothes.

We sail on The Majesty 3/18.

This will be my 4th time sailing on the Majesty. Boston to Bermuda.

If you want to bring formal clothes, bring them. But Resort Casual would be fine any night. Usually people who want to dress up dine in the Four Season Dining Room. And The Seven Seas is more Resort Casual. On our cruise, in May, about 25% dress formal. I find on,The Majesty, people mostly dress in nice Resort casual.

Dress in what makes you comfortable! Enjoy!

Sonny,

You can bring a travel steamer. It works fine in a pinch!

Hi, Just back from the 2/25/06 Majesty cruise. Each cruise is unique depending on the clientele, some very casual and the following cruise more formal. Ours was pretty casual, they no longer are doing teas for days at sea. Most did not dress for formal night, we do so booked Le Bistro and only shared it with another couple. Hope you have a great time, we did but still so diasappointed about Majesty not giving out Laditude cruise pins, was our sixth time with NCL. My husband was told they may send us one but after asking at the service desk he was made to feel he was a cheapsake for asking. We are not chronic complainers just collect the pins and really looked forward to having this one. Only sour note on an otherwise great cruise. Hope you have a great time, Chocoholic Buffet as great as ever. Food in Dining Room was great as always. Loved Le Bistro and our wonderful waiter Windi, yummy Crepe Suzette!

First time on the Majesty used an electric alarm clock, lost about one hour every night. Use a battery powered clock

We had the same problem when we attempted to use an electric clock! :p Found a wonderful battery-powered travel clock at Target, which solved the problem. ;)

Traveler012 - did you use the laundry service? Thinking about doing what has been recommended here and sending clothes out to be pressed as soon as we get there. If you did use it, was it reasonable?

I have been on the Majesty five times, going for my sixth on October 1. Travel irons have always been a no-no. I do bring a travel steamer with me on every cruise though. It works great! Over the door shoe organizers are a must. They hold everything you don't otherwise have room for. I like to bring post-it note pads to leave notes for my room steward. I also bring masking tape to seal the closet and drawers closed incase of rough waters. I awoke at 4:00 a.m. on one of my cruises to my closet door swinging, and all of my drawers on the floor. Not to mention the ice bucket, glasses, etc. from the top of the dresser. I like to be prepared for any situation. If you don't have it with you, you can't use it. A small roll doesn't add anymore weight to your luggage.

The Majesty is a great old ship. It's like going home every time. It's small enough to keep running into friends. The staff is the best. They really treat you like family. My daughter met her husband on the Majesty in October of 2004. He was a host on the Cruise Director's Staff. He came home in May of 2005 and they were married eight days later. I only have good things to say about the Majesty!

Happy Cruising!

Archived