Cozumel in February 2024 with 2 and 4 year old

msbmommy99

We are looking for recommendations for things to do in Cozumel that our 2 year old and 4 year old granddaughters would enjoy.  I have read to do one of the beach clubs but don't want to be in a party atmosphere with them all day.  Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Maybe Playa Mia? I haven't been there but I know they have an area called Buccaneer's Bay that the littles can enjoy. 

Or perhaps Chankanaab, the National Marine park. Not a party atmosphere at all.

d7.jpg

cozumel_mexico_playa_mia_trip_cost_275-9

146.jpg

cozumel_mexico_kids_water_park_tour_pric

Just an idea of the kid friendly pools at Playa Mia.

Plus I think most f the cruiselines offer an excursion there if you don't want to do it on your own. (I would always do it on my own and save a ton of money, but some people fear taking the chance more than saving money)

• Like 1

I agree, Chankanaab or Play Mia would both be good choices for the 4 year old and OK for the 2 year old.

We opted for a day pass to Allegra which also has a kiddie pool with equipment (albeit smaller than Play Mia) and climbing frame and good beach  when we had a 2 year old because it was quieter and has a children’s indoor play area which your 4 year old may be eligible for. It will depend on your 2 year old. I would also check directly with the resort what the current facilities are because there was a big fire last year and some areas were replaced so I am not sure how it is now as it was several years ago that we went with our grandson.

We have also done day passes to Park Royal at that age simply because it is an easy, no hassle, walk from Puerta Maya and International. No transport, car seats etc and easy to get back when/if you have forgotten something or the little one has has enough sun. The other good part about Park Royal is the indoor AC buffet for lunch which gives you a heat break! There is a small beach with gentle access, several pools including kiddy pool but no splash ground. Ice cream / coffee bar. When walking to Park Royal stay oceanside until opposite the hotel entrance because the side walk is better especially with a stroller.

Lots of other hotel day passes available which we liked with toddlers.

Just other options to consider.

Edited by c-leg5

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no car seats in the cabs and you will just have to hold the little ones in your lap. This was an issue when we took our 2 yo granddaughter in January. Our daughter didnt want her riding in a cab.

28 minutes ago, grantbob said:

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no car seats in the cabs and you will just have to hold the little ones in your lap. This was an issue when we took our 2 yo granddaughter in January. Our daughter didnt want her riding in a cab.

Exactly why we like Park Royal. 

You can take your own car seat but many taxis have seat belts that are in operable. We have also used our private driver once who supplies car seats.

• 10 months later...

For a day pass somewhere like Park Royal do you get that in advance? Do I need to be worried about not getting in? I'm trying to figure out our plan since we'll have a 2yr old and almost 6yr old and that apparently means most of the cruise excursions are out.

10 minutes ago, CruiseMama4Life said:

For a day pass somewhere like Park Royal do you get that in advance? Do I need to be worried about not getting in? I'm trying to figure out our plan since we'll have a 2yr old and almost 6yr old and that apparently means most of the cruise excursions are out.

The big advantage of Park Royal with young kids is you can walk from International or Puerta Maya.

We have never booked in advance (I am not sure it is even possible) but it’s been a while and things change. We have always just bought a pass in the lobby but be careful not to get tied up with timeshare representatives - it may be cheaper but not worth the time involved/wasted. 

I have written to the reservation desk to get current prices policies. If you find they are full you can always try El Cid across the road.
My second choice but always an option, or take a taxi to somewhere else - more difficult with young kids regarding car seats etc.

Only cruise ship excursions have age restrictions. No problem independently regarding the beach locations. Transport is your biggest problem and whether you need a car seat. Some private drivers will have car seats for rent but will require a 3/4 hour minimum  rental for an excursion - not worth it if you just want a ride to the beach. 

Thanks for this! I've been trying to balance our desire to explore with our desire not to haul a big car seat around for the youngest. Our older child has a handy vest that adjusts the seat belt and can stow easily in a backpack. That said, based on what I've read here I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get a taxi that would have functional seat belts to secure the car seats.

Add to that not knowing how long the kids will last before we have to get back on the ship...and I'm wary of straying too far.

57 minutes ago, CruiseMama4Life said:

Thanks for this! I've been trying to balance our desire to explore with our desire not to haul a big car seat around for the youngest. Our older child has a handy vest that adjusts the seat belt and can stow easily in a backpack. That said, based on what I've read here I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get a taxi that would have functional seat belts to secure the car seats.

Add to that not knowing how long the kids will last before we have to get back on the ship...and I'm wary of straying too far.

It is true many taxis have seat belts that are non-fuctionable or cut and you would have to ask for another. Taxi prices are quoted on a board at the pier - up to 4, 5 and 6-8 person rates. Many taxis are taxi vans but if there are 4 of you, you should pay 4 person rate if they are the next in line at dispatch. Out on the street is a different matter.

ETA If you walk to Park Royal with a stroller walk oceanside until you are opposite the entrance to Park Royal.

Edited by c-leg5

Hoping to get by with a hip carrier for the little since we're flying to Texas for embarkation. I might regret it but I figure less hassle overall is probably worth a little potential back pain, and I can always make the spouse take a turn carrying!