Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 10

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, March 6 and Sunday, March 12.

Two weeks until the Vernal Equinox and a look at the weather report hints that Punxsutawney Phil may have nailed it this year.

In related news: It may be a good week for weather-related photos. Get out and shoot!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Week 43 of last year featured Granddaughter Jackie in her first performance as a music box ballerina. This week, her home ice venue held a competition that was primarily to give the locals a chance to perform their routines to prep for the big event in Pasadena at the end of April. Her routine has evolved since last year with more complicated moves and a smoother performance. Jackie takes her skating seriously. The scripted practies provided by her coach with this many jumps and that many spins are carried out to the letter without any prodding or complaints. A serious competitor. Her only failing, if you can call it that, is she’s a bit too serious. Flashing her bright, sunny smile during performances would put the icing on an already pretty cake.

The Tiny Dancer Returns

2023-10TheTinyDancerReturns.thumb.jpg.c9884e13ea9ed127688a7d9e3297acf2.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pierces said:

Week 43 of last year featured Granddaughter Jackie in her first performance as a music box ballerina. This week, her home ice venue held a competition that was primarily to give the locals a chance to perform their routines to prep for the big event in Pasadena at the end of April. Her routine has evolved since last year with more complicated moves and a smoother performance. Jackie takes her skating seriously. The scripted practies provided by her coach with this many jumps and that many spins are carried out to the letter without any prodding or complaints. A serious competitor. Her only failing, if you can call it that, is she’s a bit too serious. Flashing her bright, sunny smile during performances would put the icing on an already pretty cake.

The Tiny Dancer Returns

2023-10TheTinyDancerReturns.thumb.jpg.c9884e13ea9ed127688a7d9e3297acf2.jpg

Dave

I have yet to smile while I compete. I'm too busy trying to remember the next element. . .

• Like 1

Took me a while to get through the photos from my vacation to Disney, as when I got back I was playing catchup at work and going through photos.  Finally got them up - the following shots were taken on 3/10 - 3/12 around Disney World...

Raglan Road bar and restaurant at Disney Springs, blue hour handheld:

original.jpg

Wilderness Lodge resort pool area and hotel:

original.jpg

Main Street train station:

original.jpg

Cinderella's Castle:

original.jpg

The trains had been gone for a few years - first the pandemic, then construction of the Tron Lightcycle ride which extended right over the tracks...finally, the trains have resumed operations:

original.jpg

Sunset over Bay Lake, with Magic Kingdom on the right and the Grand Floridian Resort straight ahead...taken from the Top of the World lounge deck at Bay Lake Tower, handheld:

original.jpg

Nighttime view across to the Contemporary Resort, from the Bay Lake Tower roof deck, handheld:

original.jpg

Nighttime view of Magic Kingdom from the roof deck of the Bay Lake Tower, handheld:

original.jpg

Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival is being held, and the parks are filled with flowers, trees, and topiaries of Disney characters and movies, like this one of the Lion King:

original.jpg

All the flowers also means butterflies - like this buckeye:

original.jpg

Or this swallowtail:

original.jpg

Sun setting behind the France pavilion:
original.jpg

• Like 4