Interested in hearing from people who've used the NCL air offer (2nd person flies free aka BOGO)

DCGuy64

Using NCL's air program  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If you used NCL's air (BOGO as part of FAS), were you able to make your cruise on time?

• Yes, I made it on time
    • No, delayed but still arrived in time to board
    • No, delayed or cancelled and missed embarkation altogether
  2. 2. If you had to do it over again, would you still use NCL air?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2023 at 02:18 AM

On 3/9/2023 at 3:27 PM, cruiseny4life said:

If you stay in the NCL hotel, they will provide a shuttle from the airport to hotel, and then from the hotel to the port. In my case, we chose our own hotel ($250 a night, vs. $500 a night), so we do have to take an Uber from FLL to our hotel in Miami. We will be taking the NCL shuttle from the port to the airport at the end of the cruise. 

We have transfers included even though we booked our our hotels per/post cruise. It's shown on our invoice. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, ihate2cruise said:

We have transfers included even though we booked our our hotels per/post cruise. It's shown on our invoice. Am I missing something?

You may want to talk with NCL to find out if they will actually transport you to the hotel you booked pre/post cruise. If they won't, then you should ask them to take them off, so you can save the money and purchase an alternate form of transportation (Uber, taxi, whatever). 

I would just want to be sure it's not a waste of money since you're not staying at the NCL-arranged hotel. In my specific case, it would have been a waste, though we did keep the end of cruise port to airport shuttle.

• Like 2

I know folks already gave enough answers to the BOGO airfare, but I still thought I would chime in.  I had no issue using the promo.  Had a cruise booked tag departed Dubai and arrived in Athens just last month.  I used the BOGO.  Had the best flights with 2 day deviation both ways.  NCL booked me on Emirates Air from Los Angles-Dubai, non-stop, 15.5 hours flight.  Way back from Athens it was Athens - London

( Aegean Air), transfer to Virgin Atlantic ,( non-stop back to Los Angeles).  The NCL flight total was around $800.00  If I booked on my own it would have been close to $3,000.  Upgraded on airlines website to exit row seats.   I even got to see the Northern Lights from the plane on the way to Dubai.  AWESOME!!!!  I would not use BOGO for travel thru the United States, but definitely for overseas.  My next cruise in Jan 2024 out of Miami , I am booking my own air

• Like 3

We used the BOGO last year Chicago - Iceland (399.00 - booked in 2020) that trip was flawless.  We are doing BOGO again in May Chicago - London (699.00 - booked in 2021)  Prices have soared since then.  It's over 1000.00 for just one person now.  We've had good luck with the BOGO and will do it again if it's cost effective in the future.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

You may want to talk with NCL to find out if they will actually transport you to the hotel you booked pre/post cruise. If they won't, then you should ask them to take them off, so you can save the money and purchase an alternate form of transportation (Uber, taxi, whatever). 

I would just want to be sure it's not a waste of money since you're not staying at the NCL-arranged hotel. In my specific case, it would have been a waste, though we did keep the end of cruise port to airport shuttle.

Thank you, I will take your advise and follow up with my NCL TA. 

This is our first time cruising from Europe and using the air perk, so I very much appreciate the feedback.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

Thank you, I will take your advise and follow up with my NCL TA. 

This is our first time cruising from Europe and using the air perk, so I very much appreciate the feedback.

It's definitely good to know all the small details of the air package. It's....well, it's not very flexible. You're definitely doing the right thing by asking the questions and talking with NCL. 

Also....I hope you enjoy the heck out of your cruise! I can't wait to get back to Europe.

• Like 1

We booked via NCL Air. We are pretty happy with our flights.

We sail on May 21 for 7 day cruise from Athens. We requested a 2 day deviation. 

We leave Orlando thursday 5/18, arrive friday 5/19. Then have all day friday and saturday in athens. Sail on sunday.

On the back end, we arrive back in port on sunday 5/28. We have all day sunday and monday in athens and depart for the US on tuesday.

image.png.c6be43e4b0c5f90e4fe0c98cdf73ccaa.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jc811 said:

We leave Orlando thursday 5/18, arrive friday 5/19. Then have all day friday and saturday in athens. Sail on sunday.

On the back end, we arrive back in port on sunday 5/28. We have all day sunday and monday in athens and depart for the US on tuesday.

I see you live in St. Augustine. Did you have any angst about flying out of Orlando, i.e., having to drive further to get to and from the airport? I expect they will book our flights out of Orlando as well (we are in Jacksonville); we haven't gotten the flight assignment yet, so we will see.

Do they ever use the less expensive airlines like Spirit or Frontier?  We are tall, and Spirit and Frontier have leg clearance that just does not work for us.  We fly out of O'Hare to Miami, so there are lots of options to choose from on the major airlines.  I just don't want to deal with a 3 hour flight in a seat with not enough leg clearance, and all the extra baggage fees that those airlines add on.

18 hours ago, jc811 said:

If you are booked on Agean Air from Athens, be aware of the carry on baggage policy.  If you do not pay extra for carry on baggage ( to be able to use the overhead bins), the only place to put it is under seat in front of you ( or check it for under plane luggage).  Which means no place to put your feet for a vey long time.

• Like 1

Glad to read that many people seem to have done okay with the NCL BOGO air. We are going to be doing BOGO air for the first time in Sept.  We have a deviation of 2 days booked for both ends of the trip, which is R/T Orlando to Rome.  Our cruise is scheduled to depart 9/23 from Rome and return to Rome on 10/3.  If the cruise begins 9/23, should hotels be booked for the nights of 9/21 & 9/22?  An overnight flight from Orlando late on the 20th would be ideal, but I am not counting on it.  On the way back, is it safe to assume that my hotel plans for the night of the 3rd & 4th are ok and that we'd be flying back to Orlando sometime on the 5th?

I have hotels in Rome booked but it would be helpful if someone with experience with NCL doing air arrangements could share their experience, especially with the deviations.....I understand that this is all best guess at this point.  I'm all set with transfers, etc. in Rome, but because we are a bit of a distance from Orlando, I still have to find a hotel and parking on this end.....   Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, hernando52 said:

Glad to read that many people seem to have done okay with the NCL BOGO air. We are going to be doing BOGO air for the first time in Sept.  We have a deviation of 2 days booked for both ends of the trip, which is R/T Orlando to Rome.  Our cruise is scheduled to depart 9/23 from Rome and return to Rome on 10/3.  If the cruise begins 9/23, should hotels be booked for the nights of 9/21 & 9/22?  An overnight flight from Orlando late on the 20th would be ideal, but I am not counting on it.  On the way back, is it safe to assume that my hotel plans for the night of the 3rd & 4th are ok and that we'd be flying back to Orlando sometime on the 5th?

I have hotels in Rome booked but it would be helpful if someone with experience with NCL doing air arrangements could share their experience, especially with the deviations.....I understand that this is all best guess at this point.  I'm all set with transfers, etc. in Rome, but because we are a bit of a distance from Orlando, I still have to find a hotel and parking on this end.....   Thanks for your help!

suggestion on hotel booking.  Book your hotel with the refundable rate ( vs non-refundable rate).  If you book a refundable rate you usually have until two days before arrival to make any changes ( just in case you get your days mixed up with over night flights).  you should get your BOGO airline schedule about 30 days prior to departure ( I know the website says 45 days, but 30 days seems to be the norm).  Once you get you airline info, go directly to the airlines website to purchase any seats , upgrades or baggage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, GirlWriter said:

I see you live in St. Augustine. Did you have any angst about flying out of Orlando, i.e., having to drive further to get to and from the airport? I expect they will book our flights out of Orlando as well (we are in Jacksonville); we haven't gotten the flight assignment yet, so we will see.

When working with NCL, when booking, you should have already told them your departure city. It should not be a surprise. For us, when booking we looked at both JAX and Orlando options and it was more expensive flying out of Jax vs Orlando. 

1 hour ago, jc811 said:

When working with NCL, when booking, you should have already told them your departure city. It should not be a surprise. For us, when booking we looked at both JAX and Orlando options and it was more expensive flying out of Jax vs Orlando. 

Oh, ok! That is good to know, and a relief! Thanks.