Transfer to Anchorage Denied!

kh76sp

What you are having to deal with is ridiculous and a perfect example of why D2D is just a bad idea. You aren't getting what you paid for if they refuse to transport you from Seward to Anchorage.  

But if all else fails, there is a car rental place in Seward.  My husband and I have disembarked from a ship there, gotten a rental car and driven to Anchorage.  It is a very nice drive and a good way to spend the day. 

• Thanks 2

Why kill hours in the Anchorage Airport?   I’m excited to head into the city (after checking my baggage) and spend a few hours in Anchorage.   Maybe they serve seal meat for dinner at the local restaurants.   My flight leaves at 10:15pm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strumdatjag said:

Why kill hours in the Anchorage Airport?   I’m excited to head into the city (after checking my baggage) and spend a few hours in Anchorage.   Maybe they serve seal meat for dinner at the local restaurants.   My flight leaves at 10:15pm. 

You have a very half-full attitude. Good for you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RachelG said:

What you are having to deal with is ridiculous and a perfect example of why D2D is just a bad idea.

Well, there is an upside to all this.... we learned that doing our own air is always the best way! 🙂

• Like 3

Just to clarify: are they saying you will be transferred to Anchorage (bus or train), but not from the city to the airport? I thought every cruise ending in Seward included that. Or are they saying you will be dumped off the ship in Seward and on your own to get to Anchorage and then to the airport? 

5 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Just to clarify: are they saying you will be transferred to Anchorage (bus or train), but not from the city to the airport? I thought every cruise ending in Seward included that. Or are they saying you will be dumped off the ship in Seward and on your own to get to Anchorage and then to the airport? 

That's how I'm reading it as well. There is no room or hotel - so there would be no need for a secondary transfer - just the transfer from Seward berth to Anchorage airport - which as you've said was always included even on P2P.

It's interesting on the screen shot I uploaded, it says I have a transfer from port to hotel by train. The station used is the airport and the hotel I have is in downtown Alaska. I can see I have a transfer from Hotel to Airport - but no mention on train station to hotel. All minor things I'm normally not question because I've always been certain these "little details" are where SS excel. Now I'm not so sure particularly having learned the cruise we leave for today, will have a 10 hour wait at the airport because no excursion or room provided.

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Now I'm not so sure particularly having learned the cruise we leave for today, will have a 10 hour wait at the airport because no excursion or room provided.

Please let us know what happens with your transfers. It's great that cruisecritic is available for "on the ground" reports! 🙂

Cathy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news on our transfer. I don't know if it was my travel agent's pushing or my husband's email to BarbaraM, but.... on my silversea booking I now see a transfer from pier to airport at the end of the cruise - by train. So all has been resolved. Thanks for all those who commiserated with me on this. I'm in a better frame of mind about the upcoming cruise. 🙂 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, kh76sp said:

Good news on our transfer. I don't know if it was my travel agent's pushing or my husband's email to BarbaraM, but.... on my silversea booking I now see a transfer from pier to airport at the end of the cruise - by train. So all has been resolved. Thanks for all those who commiserated with me on this. I'm in a better frame of mind about the upcoming cruise. 🙂 

Great news…. Just hope ours a few days before yours remains as train transfer!

enjoy your cruise