Great Stirrup Cay Villas Sold Out 11 months out?

csmart1152

Hello fellow NCL cruisers,

We just booked our next cruise on Encore in February 2024.  We immediately tried to book a Lagoon Villa but the only available options were a Cabana and Premium Cabana.  Having stayed in a one bedroom Villa previously we were disappointed to say the least. I made an enquiry with NCL and they couldn’t tell me if they were sold out or just hadn’t been released yet.  Is that normal? If I could book a cabana I would have assumed the Villas would also be available to book.  I’m hopeful they just haven’t been released but doubtful.  

Anyone know if NCL holds Villa bookings back like Dining and Spa reservations?

Thanks in advance for any insight or info.  

Chris 

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I could be wrong, but I do not think they released them yet.   We are also booked on the Encore in February 2024 and have been waiting since we booked our trip for them to become available. 

That’s the way it was for us. I kept checking every once in a while and when I saw they were available I snagged it. 

We were only able to book the Silver Cove Villas 4 weeks ago for an April 26th sailing. In the past (pre-Covid), we were able to book online or with the pre-cruise concierge at / near the 180 day mark. 

The shore excursion desk + pre-concierge says that in the past 6 months late "releases" of these villas is increasingly common but they are unsure why. This was also confirmed by our TA.

Be persistent...I literally was checking the website twice daily and finally they showed up! It's the only "excursion" we really are interested in and jumped on it the second the villas became available to book. 

Crossing my fingers for you! Warmest, Amy

23 minutes ago, amygutman said:

We were only able to book the Silver Cove Villas 4 weeks ago for an April 26th sailing. In the past (pre-Covid), we were able to book online or with the pre-cruise concierge at / near the 180 day mark. 

The shore excursion desk + pre-concierge says that in the past 6 months late "releases" of these villas is increasingly common but they are unsure why. This was also confirmed by our TA.

Be persistent...I literally was checking the website twice daily and finally they showed up! It's the only "excursion" we really are interested in and jumped on it the second the villas became available to book. 

Crossing my fingers for you! Warmest, Amy

Thank you very much for your update!

All I can add to this is that they were NOT sold out on the Feb 26-March 5 cruise. We were in a Lagoon villa and there were two that were empty in the row we stayed in. There were others in the area as well. So I imagine there were a couple other empty ones around and available.  

Have you tried calling the excursions line directly?  I have better luck calling and being able to get it vs. Waiting for the website.  Just a thought.

I booked one 11 months out, wasn't on web yet.  Then booked a trip in December for this May and called and reserved same day.

Good luck.

Anything that they can presell they will.  Del Rio wants as much money in his pocket that he can get.  Try booking a Vibe pass and see how quickly they sell out. And don't try to tell me that they hold some back for onboard sales, because they do not!!