does RCCL open up more seats for shows once onboard??

E46M3

We booked shows too late and the aquatic show on Oasis is booked full already. We were lucky to have found seats for Cats and Frozen in Time.  But I'd hate to miss that aquatic show. Thanks!

Edited by E46M3

• E46M3 changed the title to does RCCL open up more seats for shows once onboard??

We were told in a Q&A that they are never "sold out" prior to boarding as they hold seats for people to book once onboard. After boarding if booking are full after the first day, they always have a standby line and most often everyone gets in. Other reserve, forgot about it, get busy doing other things, decide to skip it, etc.

They try to explain in the fine print, announcements, etc - but the "reservations" are really just "early admission".  If the folks with reservations are not holding a seat with their rear end by about 15 minutes prior to showtime, folks in the standby line are allowed in to fill the venue.

Heard more than one complainer arriving at showtime minus two minutes (with 10 people in tow no doubt) - hollerin' about why the ship took reservations if they didn't mean anything.

I kinda get it, who wants to read fine print on vacation...the word "reservation" could be easily changed to "early admission" or similar and would make things alot smoother.  Maybe?  But goes to show there is value in doing some prep and being accountable for your own destiny.

I love the Sienfeld episode where they "reserve" a rental car but the company doesn't have any more cars when they arrive.

7 hours ago, E46M3 said:

We booked shows too late and the aquatic show on Oasis is booked full already. We were lucky to have found seats for Cats and Frozen in Time.  But I'd hate to miss that aquatic show. Thanks!

I would cancel cats so you dont waste your vacation.  Its so bad they got rid of intermission as everyone walked out.  

I was able to walk into the aquatic show in Mar 2022 without a reservation. I wanted to see it a second time and the rest of my party were busy watching March madness at Playmakers and I wasn't interested. Just your choice of  seats are a little more limited.

Edited by Subman738

On 3/10/2023 at 9:53 PM, resetjet said:

I would cancel cats so you dont waste your vacation.  Its so bad they got rid of intermission as everyone walked out.  

If you have never seen cats, do go for a while to at least see some of the costumes and hear some of the music.  Sit in back or balcony for a quick exit.