Full Legal Name for NCL air??

Olyrachel

This question makes me feel like it must be obvious, but the wait for customer service was super long and I know my CC folks know everything! 

We have cruised NCL before, but haven’t booked NCL air until this trip . They sent an email asking us to double check “full legal names” and showed our first and last. Do they need us to call and add our middle names, or is this fine? I believe our passports have our full middle names.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Olyrachel
Spelling

Update: I called the customer care line and updated the reservations with our middle names since they are on our passports. None of the agents I spoke to (3, since I was also trying to upgrade Vibe to a cabana but they're sold out) could tell me if the middle name was required, but better safe than sorry. 

Just an amusing side effect of this... I added my middle name to my NCL profile for the January cruise I did because I got the email about the same name as passport needing to be on it, and ever since, all the restaurant waiters call me by my middle name.  Room Stewart is still using my first name. 

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2023 at 5:32 PM, Olyrachel said:

This question makes me feel like it must be obvious

Actually it wasn't!  I thought you meant, what is NCL Air's legal name, so you could name them in a lawsuit or something.

• Haha 1

Count me in with the better safe than sorry crowd.  Unfortunately, many airlines, etc. didn't even allow for middle names in a booking profile in the past.  Then they allowed but didn't require.  Some asked for middle initial.  This led to a hodge podge of booking names.  I finally bit the bullet about a year ago and decided to make them all match (i.e. with my full middle name).  My airline of choice doesn't allow this on line.  I had to submit specific requests.  An NCL agent was able to do this over the phone.  Now my passport, NCL reservations, air bookings, etc. all have my full first-middle-last name.  We have since added TSA precheck which also requires our full names.  It likely won't matter until it does.

17 minutes ago, CruisingBeans said:

I just got off Epic, flew with NCL air. Both my NCL account and my air reservation did not list my middle name. It is on my passport and I have TSA pre check. Same for my husband and kids. We had no issues.

That is exactly what I would expect, but I wouldn't bet my vacation on it.

• Like 1

I got this email also and sent a message to my PCC. He said that I will be fine. Mine is listed as first and last name and middle initial. I'm traveling with my grandson and asked if we need to add his middle name or initial. He said that for travel within the US we are fine as is, but if we are flying international it is more of an issue. I did give him my grandson's middle name, so not sure if he will change or not.

What I thought was unusual was that my ncl account lists full middle name, but for air they sent to me to check with just the initial listed.