NCL Joy cruise

joestein514

We are looking at booking the 8/20/23 10 day cruise on the NCL Joy.   I noticed that as soon as the FLASH sale started, the prices went up a few hundred dollars in almost all the cabins we were looking at.   Do you think that it might go down again when the sale ends or what?

Generally I book with a travel agent as I get a bunch of perks - but they won't adjust to the better price if it changes.

Thoughts?

Prices change daily, the current sale is really no different than what they were offering yesterday or will most likely offer next week or next month.  Prices might go up more, they might go down - in my opinion, pricing and current sales are not necessarily linked.  Think of it like the stock market - prices fluctuate for many reasons.

Never heard of a TA that won't adjust prices, so if your TA won't adjust prices then I'd look to see if the perks are worth it.

I get great perks.  This week there are special perks on NCL cruises - 10% of the cruise fare back in OBC and prepaid gratuities.

If I book the 2 balconies that I am thinking of, that is currently $8,562 (was $8,242 yesterday) together so I will get back $856 OBC plus gratuities on the 2 rooms.

They only cover gratuities on the first 2 people in a room.  But that works for us.

3 hours ago, joestein514 said:

I get great perks.  This week there are special perks on NCL cruises - 10% of the cruise fare back in OBC and prepaid gratuities.

If I book the 2 balconies that I am thinking of, that is currently $8,562 (was $8,242 yesterday) together so I will get back $856 OBC plus gratuities on the 2 rooms.

They only cover gratuities on the first 2 people in a room.  But that works for us.

I wish you could share your agent.  Would like to book and don't know who to use.

12 hours ago, 2aprilbabies said:

I wish you could share your agent.  Would like to book and don't know who to use.

I prefer to do my own arrangements directly with NCL but, as others have stated, there are OBC and other benefits to using an agent.

My recommendation, if you DO want an agent, there are boards (roll calls etc.) on other sites with no prohibition on sharing names (or better still, the ability to DM as needed.)  Though I completely understand the policy here; the boards would be spammed with TAs creating profiles to recommend themselves 🙂