NCL Upgrade Advantage

25 minutes ago, lovenorwegiancruiseline said:

Hi,

I am trying to get upgraded by bidding to a Haven Suite. From people, who have been upgrade using NCL Upgrade Advantage, which suite did you get, and how much was thebid? Thanks.

There is a whole thread about this, although it has been quiet for a while.  You might get some ideas from that.  See below.

Apart from that I have not seen a lot of discussion about upgrades lately.  Since the ships have been fairly full lately upgrade options, especially to the Haven are probably very limited.

To see what cabin you might get you could do a mock booking and see which, if any are available in the Haven.  Most likely those are what you would get, although you could also have cabins open up through cancellations or people upgrading to higher-level suites.

The answer is going to vary WILDLY -- it depends on your ship, the week you leave, how full the ship is, and how much you paid for your original cabin. So if someone booked a Suite, their Haven bid offer is going to have a starting minimum bid that's a lot lower than someone who booked a balcony class.

I have tried Upgrade Advantage, or the same program on X and RC multiple times, and I've bid the minimum and the maximum on cabins and haven't been lucky yet. Others bid the minimum on a half full ship and are pleasantly surprised with a Haven or Grand Suite

NCL and the cruise lines keeps this process purposely opaque, so the only strategy is:

1) Book the cabin you want at the price you can afford

2) If bidding, bid a number that you feel comfortable with if you win (if you win, you're automatically charged, and cannot change)

3) Make sure you're not bidding more than what it would be to do a price change, because if you can afford the bid, you can afford the price change with a Haven guarantee

4) Leave a small ship under your pillow for the upgrade fairy and hope for the best 🙂

Edited by psuboater
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lovenorwegiancruiseline said:

Hi, I am trying to get upgraded by bidding to a Haven Suite. From people, who have been upgrade using NCL Upgrade Advantage, which suite did you get, and how much was the bid? 

There is a very very very very small chance of getting upgraded to a Haven room. The Haven is currently sold out on your cruise. The only possible sale or upgrade will come from last minute cancellations, long after final payment. There are over 1480 cabins on the ship that could bid on Haven cabins. So,, your bid would need to be more than "poor".

For Owner's suites on our Escape cruise (which is after yours), bids range from $1600 per person to $3100 per person starting from a Club Suite. Even if I were to bid $3100 pp ($6200 total), I would only get the room if someone cancelled from it and the system selected me as the winning bid. 

image.thumb.png.24c1e1d69bca11fe4a2e27796205b387.png

• Like 1

As I follow some of the NCL threads & the various complaints about how things use to be compared to how they are now, I can't help but think this: In 15 more days, the hardest part of my day will be deciding what to drink & what to eat!! No matter how much cruising has changed PC (post-Covid), I can still look forward to that!🍸🍤🍰

Edited by thespiritmovesme
Sorry, wrong place for this! But still true!
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, thespiritmovesme said:

As I follow some of the NCL threads & the various complaints about how things use to be compared to how they are now, I can't help but think this: In 15 more days, the hardest part of my day will be deciding what to drink & what to eat!! No matter how much cruising has changed PC (post-Covid), I can still look forward to that!🍸🍤🍰

Enjoy your transatlantic. It will be wonderful being at sea!

• Like 1