Is there a way to see excursions before booking a cruise?

Sigyn

I'm interested in doing a December 2023 cruise but I'd like to be able to do one with a scuba course available, where you do the poolwork in the ship's pool and the required open water dives at the ports. I know Royal Caribbean offers this on many of their cruises and they're the only cruise line that does. It's a fantastic way to get scuba certified for those of us who live inland. Is there a way to see in advance if this excursion will be offered, before I book a cruise? 

Edited by njsmom

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

Is there a way to see in advance if this excursion will be offered, before I book a cruise? 

TAs usually have access to the excursions, if available - they may not be that far in the future. You could also ask in the roll call thread for that sailing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I "think" that you might might a scuba course offered on one of the Oasis class ships in the aqua theatre pool.  We sailed the Oasis in Mar, 2022 and I think I saw that being offered but can't be sure. I tried to look at my upcoming cruise but it doesn't show that kind of info yet. A TA might be able to be of assistance. 

On 3/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, njsmom said:

I'm interested in doing a December 2023 cruise but I'd like to be able to do one with a scuba course available, where you do the poolwork in the ship's pool and the required open water dives at the ports. I know Royal Caribbean offers this on many of their cruises and they're the only cruise line that does. It's a fantastic way to get scuba certified for those of us who live inland. Is there a way to see in advance if this excursion will be offered, before I book a cruise? 

Im on Oasis in June 2023, they just posted it to get certified in Feburary.  It was $405pp.

My wife and I got certified a couple years ago. We did a transpacific cruise last year and there wasn't a single scuba excursion offered. We had to go 3rd party. 

I asked while on board and was told they can only offer scuba excursions if a master diver is on board which likely will only be on larger, caribbean orientated ships. Buy not a guarantee. 

We have a back to back to back out of Ft Lauderdale this December. There are scuba excursions but no courses offered. It's either excursions for fully certified divers or intro to scuba.

On 3/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, njsmom said:

Travel agents can see exactly what a booked guest can see as far as shore excursions on most ships without having to have a guest booked on the ship