A question about the Emerald Princess

gottagocit

We were on the Emerald last month and are not fans of the motion detection light in the closet.  I complained about it to guest services and the same day it was covered with duct tape - problem solved.  I don't know if our steward or maintenance took care of it.   The ones by the bedside tables aren't too bright (as compared to the closet one) but also didn't feel we needed them so covered them with the decorative pillows from the bed.  In retrospect, I'm sure our steward could have taken care of it if we'd asked.

• Like 1

Sensors are easy to see. We always bring athletic tape on our trips so we had that handy. The lights by the beds are on a strip so if you want some light then just cover a few bulbs and leave what you feel is the right amount of light . The issue we had with the hall one was when we covered it , it would not come on at all , even with the switch, so you could not see in the closet. No big deal to pull back the tape during the day and push it back on at night. 

On 3/19/2023 at 6:26 AM, gottagocit said:

They may turn out to be too bright for us also as we haven’t sailed since they were installed. We’ll find out in April. 

We fold towels to put in front of the nightstands and bring masking tape to cover the one in front of the bathroom door at night.  

On 3/18/2023 at 7:05 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

NOT fans of those annoying auto-lights.

We also put the throw pillows underneath the nightstands to block them from coming on.

And put duct tape, whatever works to cover the Light sensor in the closet area.

Who needs a beacon as bright as Luxor pyramid at 3 am?😳

Completely agree.... I block the ones by the nightstands with pillows or shoes.. For the one in the closet area, I like to cover the bottom/end of the sensor with tape or a band-aid, but leave the top open so I can wave my hand over it for the times I want the light. I also have a couple portable sensor-activated night lights that I bring onboard. These are not nearly as bright as the ship-installed ones and (I feel) are much better for nighttime maneuvering. 

• Like 1

My guess is they are there for a reason. I am sure it is related to a risk management and insurance underwriting. Guessing there have been multiple accidents which prompted this.

I didn't think they were that big of a deal.

• Like 1