Hotels With Great Views of Miami Cruise Port?

mahdnc

We have sailed out of Miami twice and both times we stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis.  It's a very nice hotel, but for our cruise (Summit) leaving out of Miami in April 2024, I am interested in booking a hotel room with a great view of the cruise port.  Right now from my limited research, it looks like the Intercontinental is a good candidate.  I would like to hear some other suggestions.  Don't worry about price point (let me worry about that).  Thank you.

David

image.thumb.jpeg.c06e3bc858212a81c75f9a879ad42d88.jpeg

Celebrity Eclipse at the Port of Miami viewed from JW Marriott Marquis, Jan 5 2016

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We have sailed out of Miami twice and both times we stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis.  It's a very nice hotel, but for our cruise (Summit) leaving out of Miami in April 2024, I am interested in booking a hotel room with a great view of the cruise port.  Right now from my limited research, it looks like the Intercontinental is a good candidate.  I would like to hear some other suggestions.  Don't worry about price point (let me worry about that).  Thank you.

David

image.thumb.jpeg.c06e3bc858212a81c75f9a879ad42d88.jpeg

Celebrity Eclipse at the Port of Miami viewed from JW Marriott Marquis, Jan 5 2016

I have stayed at the Intercontinental a few times.  I do not have any pictures to show you, but a few times I did have a great view of the port, but other times I was on the other side of the building.  When I did have a great view of the port, we were on a high floor, and we kept the curtains open so I could wake up during the night to see what ships had come into port.  I never sleep well the night before anyway, so I loved it!  

• Like 1

The hotels can be grouped into 3 different views. Needless to say, book the highest floors for unobstructed views of the Port of Miami:

• Across Port – The Intercontinental and YVE look across the access roads and parking garages of Port Miami. One sees the upper structures of most cruise ships at the Port.
  • Head-on Port – The Holiday Inn and Gabriel look at the west-facing dock V, dock G, and the turnaround basin. 
  • Cruise Ship Docks – The Hilton, Marriott, and Doubletree actually offer full views of the ships at their docks. These 3 hotels get my vote for the best cruise ship views at Port Miami.

Here was my view from the Intercontinental 

AL9nZEW6JNZlySAEguhgv4-DsPvcnHZBnT8cCMRD

and from the Doubletree

Doubletree-Views.jpg

• Like 2

Intercontinental and Doubletree are the best known for the views. Of course making sure you get a room with a view. Intercontinental is a better location. YVE and Holiday Inn will have views too, on high floors facing East. Though not sure how much long the Holiday Inn will be standing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flymia said:

Intercontinental and Doubletree are the best known for the views. Of course making sure you get a room with a view. Intercontinental is a better location. YVE and Holiday Inn will have views too, on high floors facing East. Though not sure how much long the Holiday Inn will be standing. 

I thought they were supposed to be doing a complete remodel of the Holiday Inn that was gonna be completed soon. Did they scrap that? I just saw the recent reviews saying that the rooms are outdated and that the hotel smells.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I ended up booking the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel today.  When rooms for Apr 2024 first became available for booking last month, the room rates were all above $600 per night.  I looked today and the rooms were in the mid-$300 range. So I went ahead and booked a bay view room with balcony.  I look forward to the view.

Because we are going diving at Key Largo, we are staying there for one night first.

• 11 months later...
Posted (edited)

We completed our single night stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel last month.  We booked a bay view room and were assigned one on the 28th floor (out of 31 floors of rooms).  I was very pleased with the room.  Here are a few documentary photos for the record.

Here is the bay view room on the 29th floor

image.thumb.jpeg.fe680278288c0e73f60af3eb2c523d01.jpeg

The view from the room window when we checked in on Fri Apr 19 2024:

image.thumb.jpeg.40aabe69dc13c186cd5e08d354a35480.jpeg

This photo was taken with a "normal" lens (i.e. not telephoto or wide angle) and it approximates the scaled view of what we saw from our room.  This photo was taken on the day we checked in (Fri Apr 19) and the cruise ships were starting to leave the Port of Miami

image.thumb.jpeg.49ccb99ff87b1c8648de1f2eae11118c.jpeg

Another "normal" lens view when we woke up on Sat Apr 20:

image.thumb.jpeg.2050cbe04c7d10fee3237180db5968e9.jpeg

Here are the ships that were at port that correspond to the picture immediately above.

PortofMiamimap.thumb.jpg.354ad3053e09098c222065a61052bdc6.jpg

Here is the floor plan with the red dot indicating the precise location of our room, 2810.

28thfloormap.thumb.jpg.0fb60ef8d51c03873758fffa6e29f053.jpg

Highest guest room is on the 31st floor.

Floordirectory.thumb.jpg.9d279d2377faf829fde5da7c31b04631.jpg

Here is an annotated photo indicating the hotels that I was aware of that are in the photo.  When you look at this photo on a large screen, it appears that the Doubletree rooms have balconies which include the rooms that directly face the bay.

AnnotatedphotoofMiamihotels.thumb.jpg.a25d13bfd6805a3d307be10a0076290e.jpg

Here is the category of the room and the price that we payed.  I believe this reflects the AAA price.

MiamiMarriottReservation.thumb.JPG.8e63b44eaab988ff41c2f9844c04fb7d.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I incorrectly captioned the first photo in the prior post as being taken from the 29th floor.  Our room was on the 28th floor (Room 2810).  Sorry for the confusion.