Military OBC

gregma60

I think the plan is to update it regularly (perhaps annually)   I have the credit on my 2023 and 2024 bookings, but I just booked a Spring 2025 trip where it doesn't show....yet.  I'll call HAL in about 6 months to ask. I'll also watch for the "Sail by" date to change.

5 hours ago, CNSJ said:

I think the plan is to update it regularly (perhaps annually)   I have the credit on my 2023 and 2024 bookings, but I just booked a Spring 2025 trip where it doesn't show....yet.  I'll call HAL in about 6 months to ask. I'll also watch for the "Sail by" date to change.

If the promotion is still available you will just need to go thru the verification process again prior to booking.

Edited by richwmn

First responder and military OBC, and Shareholder credit for that matter, are excellent marketing items to help maintain cruise line (or at least CCL) loyalty.  Cost to HAL for extending these credits is minimal as when it comes to drinks/coffees/etc., my guess is their cost of product is less than 25% of the credit.

My TA didn’t know that veterans got a $100 OBC from Holland, she does mostly Princess. I found out last year by reading the cruise critic forums I filled out the SheerID information and got approved in minutes. It was posted on my account within an hour.

I am confused. Our HAL cruise and tour in May of 2023 is all paid in full. We saw that this OBC credit for Veterans was a vey nice perk.  I registered with SheerID and got approved with all the needed information. After not seeing the $100 OBC on my account , I emailed customer service and they replied saying that it is only offered on future cruises. I think many of the previous posts were paid in full and received the credit.

1 hour ago, MickeyP said:

I am confused. Our HAL cruise and tour in May of 2023 is all paid in full. We saw that this OBC credit for Veterans was a vey nice perk.  I registered with SheerID and got approved with all the needed information. After not seeing the $100 OBC on my account , I emailed customer service and they replied saying that it is only offered on future cruises. I think many of the previous posts were paid in full and received the credit.

I can attest to being one of those. About a month after I had my cruise paid off I found out here about the veterans OBC, verified, showed on HA's site about 2 days later, called my TA, they contacted HA and had the $100 OBC applied to the cruise.  Again, I did not go directly through HA, I went through my TA.  Took about 10 minutes of them on the phone with HA to get it accomplished and a new booking email sent that showed it.

-gregma

We submitted Veteran docs to TA for a cruise on which we had used one (TA). A few days later, the credit was there. It has since been on most of our bookings, but not all. When we asked HAL about the inconsistencies, we were told they don't offer military OBC on all itineraries, but it would automatically get applied for those they do offer it on.

Sister lines in the CCL family have their own qualifications and you do have to apply to each separately as it's tied to your loyalty profile.

Thanks, Everyone, for your service of any type.