Carnival Sunshine Cell Service

Bushido

Wondering if anyone has any insights into cell service on the Sunshine.  Will be sailing from Charleston to Bimini and wondering how it would be or if it will work at all.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

On board, Carnival partners with Cellular At Sea to offer roaming coverage for voice and SMS. You can purchase a wifi plan from Carnival for internet service.

Bimini has coverage as well through BTC. Much of the island is also blanketed by free wifi thanks to Resorts World.

Speak to your carrier regarding roaming rates.

• Like 1

We were on the Sunshine last week and with our Tmobile plan we were able to text other iphone users while being in airplane mode the entire week.  I couldn't text android users.  When we were in Nassau we got a message from Tmobile letting us know we had data and texting but calls would be .25 cents a minute.  

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 8:28 AM, audcc77 said:

I was on Sunshine a few months ago and had the value plan.  Once on board, I purchased premium for $10 and was able to text and make FaceTime calls with other iPhone users.  

Just to make sure I understand correctly .. I assume you had the phone in airplane mode. Did you turn off cellular data as well? Thanks. 

• Like 1

Yes. Airplane mode. 
Yes. Cellular off.  

I was on Carnival Wi-Fi. 

DH and I are on MG now.  In fact, even though my DH has no Wi-Fi plan, his phone kept ringing when our cat feeder walked up to the front door for some reason.  

Also, when I texted our sons photos while on the cruise in a group text, he’d get the text but not the photos, which was strange.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, audcc77 said:

Yes. Airplane mode. 
Yes. Cellular off.  

I was on Carnival Wi-Fi. 

DH and I are on MG now.  In fact, even though my DH has no Wi-Fi plan, his phone kept ringing when our cat feeder walked up to the front door for some reason.  

Also, when I texted our sons photos while on the cruise in a group text, he’d get the text but not the photos, which was strange.  

LOL. I just texted him on the balcony and he’s not 7 feet away,  with no Wi-Fi, and he got the text.   🤷‍♀️

• Like 1