Princess Announces Lavazza Official Coffee Partner

LACruiser88

12 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I dislike Lavazza. Some will love this some won't. They'll have to take it out of my cabin because I don't care to give up counter space for something I won't use. 

Coffee likes and dislikes seem to be all over the place. Some people love Peet's but my wife and I dislike it. It always tastes "burned" to us. We found Tim Horton's to be weak and uninteresting. (Sorry, Canada.) My wife likes Starbucks (I've never had it) but tends to get her "traveling" coffee at Dutch Bros. I don't buy spendy coffee at home. (On the ship I get Princess Plus so I drink whatever I want.) I make my own at home and grind each pot fresh. Friends say we make our coffee "too strong" but we think it's just right. We don't buy fancy beans - we get ours at Costco - but they suit us fine.

22 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

The OG Nespresso “Classico” machines can take a variety of branded pods. They (and off brands) are ubiquitous in many Italian properties and make great coffee. I prefer Illy but Lavazza isn’t bad.

My preference is Illy also, but we all have different taste.

The biggest difference in addition to taste is that Illy comes in the aluminum capsules where Lavazza comes in the cheap plastic capsules the end up giving plastic shavings in your espresso.

Not good, but likely why Illy cost more (but well worth it in my opinion 😊).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lx200gps said:

If we're talking about those ubiquitous coffee makers being in cabins on the Sun, then according to the artist renderings on the Princess site, they appear to be clearly visible on the cabin desk in every class of room except Interior. Are we saying those renderings are in error, which is highly unlikely given Princess's well known reputation for extreme accuracy in it's advertising and announcements ;o)

Like the two glass grand pianos on an atrium landing as depicted when the current Royal Princess was first announced.

o "Crooners Lounge & Bar (piano bar with 2 glass grand pianos)"

o "Evening entertainment features live piano music with requests and name that tune elements. Here they also offer an enticing menu of 75 martinis, plus entertainers at spectacular dueling glass pianos."

46 minutes ago, caribill said:

Like the two glass grand pianos on an atrium landing as depicted when the current Royal Princess was first announced.

There ended up not being enough space for the Windex locker.   An unfortunate oversight.  

(In reality you cannot believe how expensive and heavy clear pianos are, and they never sound as good as the identical mechanicals sound in something else.  Further, they are incredibly easy to scratch - having them out where people wearing rings and watches could touch them or brush up against them in riveted jeans or with a handbag?  Oh god.  You’d have to continuously play Chopin continuously to get that much Polish on them. <badumtiss>

• Haha 2