BA cancellations Easter weekend

Richteab

Be aware that BA are already cancelling over 300 flights from LHR over Easter weekend due to strike action by security staff 😡

Several hours after the cancellation BA have still not yet sent emails to all customers notifying them of a cancellation. I've found out the hard way by looking on the BA Manage My Booking page and seeing our flight flagged as Cancelled.

if you booked flights directly with Azamara then they will try to reschedule you, but Azamara also seem not to have been updated by BA, so you need to be proactive and phone them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Richteab said:

Be aware that BA are already cancelling over 300 flights from LHR over Easter weekend due to strike action by security staff 😡

Several hours after the cancellation BA have still not yet sent emails to all customers notifying them of a cancellation. I've found out the hard way by looking on the BA Manage My Booking page and seeing our flight flagged as Cancelled.

if you booked flights directly with Azamara then they will try to reschedule you, but Azamara also seem not to have been updated by BA, so you need to be proactive and phone them.

If you can manage your booking on line, there should be rebooking options offered below your booking so you can select them without having to call BA.

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

If you can manage your booking on line, there should be rebooking options offered below your booking so you can select them without having to call BA.

Yes, there should be but it’s not there!  I’ve already called Azamara so I’ll leave it to them.

Edited by Richteab

3 minutes ago, Richteab said:

Yes, there should be but it’s not there!  I’ve already called Azamara so I’ll leave it to them.

Sounds like Azamara still has control of the booking then.

Yep, I am booked on BA 9th April ATH-LHR-OSL after disembarking Pursuit in Athens.  And am getting a bit nervous about it. Hope they have sorted it out by then.

Even though I arrive at T5 and change flights to T3  it'll mean lots of delayed flights (and cancelled flights)