Post-Cruise Cunard Excursion

naturelovergirl

We have a night flight after our Alaska voyage on Cunard, so we will have the day free to explore some more. (We have no desire just to sit at the airport for hours until the evening.)

Typically on a cruise we choose to do a mixture of independent excursions and cruise sponsored excursions, depending on what they are offering.

We have, however, never chosen a POST-CRUISE excursion through any cruise line before.

I’ve researched, if we want to be independent, where we can pay to store our luggage after our cruise if we wanted to wander around.

But

I wondered if anyone had any insight on how a post cruise excursion purchased through Cunard works.

What happens for debarkation if you are going on a Cunard post-cruise excursion?

Do they (or the excursion company) store your luggage at the port until you return from the excursion?

I would be grateful for any insight.

Thanks!

Edited by naturelovergirl

We recently did a post cruise excursion - with HAL - but I’m sure it’s the same with Cunard…the luggage was kept on the bus the entire time.  It was so convenient to get off the ship, have our luggage placed on the bus and then go do something fun rather than sit around the airport.  

Most airlines won’t even let you check your luggage in that early so we would have had to hold onto our bags for several hours if it wasn’t for the excursion.  Definitely a plus!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

We recently did a post cruise excursion - with HAL - but I’m sure it’s the same with Cunard…the luggage was kept on the bus the entire time.  It was so convenient to get off the ship, have our luggage placed on the bus and then go do something fun rather than sit around the airport.  

Most airlines won’t even let you check your luggage in that early so we would have had to hold onto our bags for several hours if it wasn’t for the excursion.  Definitely a plus!

Thank you! This would be very nice.

Just after I posted I remembered we did a post cruise excursion with Cunard too while on the QV.  It was the same deal, luggage went onto the bus from the ship, we took our tour and then we went directly to the airport.

• Like 1