Booked a Guaranteed Cabin and Cruise is sold out, should I be concerned?

23 hours ago, BND said:

I love how people assume everyone has an Apple Phone.  We never have.  Why not give every option when replying?

Well, I have an iPhone. But I don't have an Android.  So, I don't know how that would work.  I'm assuming from this comment that you don't use a phone, or even have a smart phone.  So, the advice to you would be wait and see on your computer, that is assuming you have a computer.  You see, I can't answer the question, and if I were to assume you don't have a smart phone, that might be insulting or if you don't bother with a computer.  It's the same when people ask about phone packages etc, and not know what company you are with.  

So if you have an iPhone, do this trick......and you will find the number.  I guess for you, if you want to know, you need to tell us, what you have

Last time we had a guaranty cabin scanning the barcode produced '-GTY' and not a cabin number until 18 days out. By then we were notified of the assignment so your experiences may vary.

I booked a GTY inside in September of 2022 for an April 20th Cruise.

I have an Android phone. I installed a bar scanner app.

I waited until my Set Sail pass showed a deck and muster station assignment. 

About thirty days out, the deck and muster station were displayed.

I read the bar code. It gave me a room number after the "-".

My room number just appeared today on my Set Sail pass, twelve days before my cruise date.

The scanned room number is my assigned room number.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 9:17 AM, Big_G said:

Last time we had a guaranty cabin scanning the barcode produced '-GTY' and not a cabin number until 18 days out. By then we were notified of the assignment so your experiences may vary.

Of course experiences will vary.  The same thing has happened to m, expect my assignment csme even closer to cruise date.  Obviously if Royal has not assigned a cabin (not even a hidden one), you will not find that assignment in the barcode.  Sometimes one just has to wait longer.  However, this OP was in a different situation because this OP could see their muster station; that’s a huge clue that the cabin has been assigned (though the number may still be hidden in the barcode)