Dining time and communication issues.

If you booked through a TA, it won't appear on your booking page on the website. Even the cabin number doesn't show. HAL sends a confirmation to your TA who then sends it on to you, or sends their own version of it. That's the only record you're likely to have.

HAL typically won't talk to you about your reservation. You have to pester the company you booked through. 

There is a way to move a reservation to a different agency, but I don't know how it's done, or if it's something that's allowed under Australian booking rules. 

1 hour ago, Cruisin'allovertheworld said:

Hi all.

I was wondering how you could tell what dining arrangement you have?

It's a long story but suffice to say we don't have control of our booking and the company that does is unwilling to do anything or answer any questions. We were not asked by them what we desired, either.

I've found that even if booked through an agent, Holland America will answer my questions and deal with these issues. Try the personal cruise consultant number 800-355-3017 and just hold until someone gets on the line. Explain your situation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cruisin'allovertheworld said:

Thank you both.

If you have your HAL booking number, phone the HAL Sydney office and ask whether they are able to help you. 1300 987322.

• Like 1

I called HAL because a cruise I booked through a travel agent didn't show on my account. It was because the agent didn't enter my Mariner number to the booking. The HAL agent told me I could call Hall for any questions, purchases etc....other than paying for the cruise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

I called HAL because a cruise I booked through a travel agent didn't show on my account. It was because the agent didn't enter my Mariner number to the booking. The HAL agent told me I could call Hall for any questions, purchases etc....other than paying for the cruise.

This is exactly what I have done for years.  The only time I ask my TA to do something is if the hold times are long