MSC World Europa

Jack 159

This is our first MSC. Cruise and we are seriously disappointed. We were attracted to the cruise mainly by the destinations and travelling on a new ship for 3 weeks , Dubai to Barcelona.

1. Inside cabin only wardtohanging space for limited amount of clothes, probably because the only laundry facilities are by payment.

2. Everything on the ship is available for further payment, additional restaurants extra drink unless you have expensive drinks packages. After a week at sea we’re still being pested to buy specialty restaurant meals. Information is either too plentiful or inadequate, this has been right from the initial booking.

3. There is limited outside walking areas unless you’re passing the restaurants and bars. There are limited regular bars whereas the specialty restaurants are almost empty, I suspect because of the additional cost of dining.

4. Although the ship is all glam and glitz the design which I suspect was computer generated did not have the passengers comfort and enjoyment at heart. The interior decorative materials appear to be cheap and nasty.

On the positive side, the serving and cleaning crew are very helpful and friendly, as opposed to the admin staff, as it took 4 days and multiple enquires to respond to my complaint of noise in my cabin day and night.

We have a further two weeks to and from conversations with fellow passengers, most have the same impressions about what must be Italian organisation and administration.

• Like 1

Jack 159 Welcome to CruiseCritic.

This is good resource for those researching a cruise and having questions answered before cruising. Tempering one’s expectations may help to make cruise more enjoyable.

• Like 2

My wife and I have been on many MSC Cruises, but always booked the Yacht Club - but it seems that people who don't book this level, often have a long list of complaints. Have to add that - no matter the ship - it will always be the crew that make the biggest difference. Because our upcoming sailing on World Europa is one of 4 cruises we're doing this year (each with a different company), we decided it would be our first sailing that is NOT in the YC. Like the infinity verandas in Aurea, especially now that Aurea has it's own restaurant Les Dunes ... so we'll soon find out how many of the often heard complaints ring a bell with our upcoming experience this june. Fingers crossed, but for half the price of the same sailing in YC ... I am willing to "experiment" (and having free access to the thermal area is always a good idea if you sail in Europe 😉

I have to say this is not the experience we had on World Europa recently. The wardrobe space and shelves were enough to accommodate all our clothing but we did get extra hangers from the housekeeping team. 

There is an abundance of bars available throughout the ship and was actually surprised by how much was included, premium coffees and cocktails from the coffee shop for instance. Yes there were staff members selling drink and dining packages present in the reception area each night but i was never "pestered" by any of them. I am sorry you're not having an enjoyable experience but I dont believe some of your points are warranted. 

• Like 1

Sorry, you're not having an enjoyable time. Personally, there is no way I'd book so long of a trip on a ship that was less than 6 months in service, especially on a cruise line I've never been on before. Too many kinks to work out and you have no reviews to go by to temper your expectations. We are booked on the World Europa in October for a week-long cruise and having been on MSC before, we know what to expect in the YC and are truly looking forward to a nice relaxing week. 

"Pestering" happens on a number of cruise lines. They are doing their job and that is to make money. A simple no and keep walking goes a long way. I hope you can find some enjoyment in the rest of your trip!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 12:22 PM, Belgian cruiser1 said:

My wife and I have been on many MSC Cruises, but always booked the Yacht Club - but it seems that people who don't book this level, often have a long list of complaints. Have to add that - no matter the ship - it will always be the crew that make the biggest difference. Because our upcoming sailing on World Europa is one of 4 cruises we're doing this year (each with a different company), we decided it would be our first sailing that is NOT in the YC. Like the infinity verandas in Aurea, especially now that Aurea has it's own restaurant Les Dunes ... so we'll soon find out how many of the often heard complaints ring a bell with our upcoming experience this june. Fingers crossed, but for half the price of the same sailing in YC ... I am willing to "experiment" (and having free access to the thermal area is always a good idea if you sail in Europe 😉

Did you Aurea Infinite Ocean view cabin ? If so the Dining room is Bubbles, Le Dunes is for Aurea Suite guests only.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, palmbaytish said:

Sorry, you're not having an enjoyable time. Personally, there is no way I'd book so long of a trip on a ship that was less than 6 months in service, especially on a cruise line I've never been on before. Too many kinks to work out and you have no reviews to go by to temper your expectations. We are booked on the World Europa in October for a week-long cruise and having been on MSC before, we know what to expect in the YC and are truly looking forward to a nice relaxing week. 

"Pestering" happens on a number of cruise lines. They are doing their job and that is to make money. A simple no and keep walking goes a long way. I hope you can find some enjoyment in the rest of your trip!

I can only put it down to poor organisation, administration and service.