MSC Security Photo?

Qazzy

On 4/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

You can wait to take the photo. Even the people who successfully upload a photo sometimes end up having to take another one at the port. 

That was my experience boarding Meraviglia on 3/30, after finally getting a quality photo taken, resizing it for being accepted, and uploading it to the app . . . the very sweet lady at the check-in desk advised, "Yeah, we do it all over once you are here". Smile / Click

On 4/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

You can wait to take the photo. Even the people who successfully upload a photo sometimes end up having to take another one at the port. 

Yes, we also ended up having to take the photo at check in. Don't know why they bother asking for it pre-cruise. 

I was able to upload our security photos yesterday.  However, I am having an issue with the passport data that I enter on the Web Check-In page.  The information that I enter and save on the Web Check-In page is correct.  However, on the Cruise Details/Passengers Data tab, it is incorrect.  It appears the their system is moving the issue/expiration dates up by one day.  I tried to update the information on the Passengers Data page to mirror the correct information on the Web Check-In page.  However, even after saving the correct infomation, it still won't display correctly on that page.  Some things just have to be right!  Also, I've been unable to register a credit card.  Are others having similar issues?

27 minutes ago, captainkurt said:

Also, I've been unable to register a credit card.  Are others having similar issues?

I was unable to register my credit card on the website but finally got it to register on the app. We are 20 days out so you may have to wait

I printed our Cruise Ticket and noticed another issue with the Passport Issue & Expiry dates.  When asked for the data on the Web Check-In page, they required the following format...MM/DD/YY.  The data is displayed that way on our Cruise Ticket.  However, on the Cruise Ticket, it states the format should be DD/MM/YY which would make what is stated on our form incorrect.  I'm trying not to overthink this but it seems like basic stuff that a big outfit like MSC should be able to get right.  Just pick a format and I'll record the information per your requirements.  Thanks to those who have already provided feedback.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this issue as well.

We boarded the Meraviglia yesterday. My husband and I had both taken and uploaded our photos ahead of time, but they re-took them at check-in. The port worker who checked us in told us they had been instructed to retake everyone's photos, so you definitely don't NEED to do it beforehand.

• Like 1