Just off the Silhouette, my Celebrity first timer thoughts...

migdet71

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

To combat this sinful food wasting, all X need to do is make great tasting food and so it gets eaten, not wasted…

The slobs pile up a plate or 4 because the food IS good .

Just ask the Staff about slobs and food wastage and hear what they say.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pinboy said:

The slobs pile up a plate or 4 because the food IS good .

Just ask the Staff about slobs and food wastage and hear what they say.

I have to confess to being a little bit of a food slob as I have tried food on the cruise that I have never tried before. I take some and try it and then don't like it so it goes to waste 😞 For me it's a way to try foods that I wouldn't normally try because I don't want to spend money to buy something that I then throw away. I try to excuse it by saying I am wasting less by throwing a side plateful away rather than a full meal.

4 hours ago, Zubrette said:

I have to confess to being a little bit of a food slob as I have tried food on the cruise that I have never tried before. I take some and try it and then don't like it so it goes to waste 😞 For me it's a way to try foods that I wouldn't normally try because I don't want to spend money to buy something that I then throw away. I try to excuse it by saying I am wasting less by throwing a side plateful away rather than a full meal.

No worries at all--

We also try different foods and some we don't like, so it goes to waste.

However, most of the food I eat does go to waist.

• Haha 5

On 5/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

To combat this sinful food wasting, all X need to do is make great tasting food and so it gets eaten, not wasted…

Actually, per the head chef, HAL cut their food waste by more than 40% by serving food in the buffet area instead of letting passengers pile their plates to over flowing and then leaving half of it to be thrown away!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Actually, per the head chef, HAL cut their food waste by more than 40% by serving food in the buffet area instead of letting passengers pile their plates to over flowing and then leaving half of it to be thrown away!

Better tasting food would be the better solution; X did the staff-serve buffet and went back to self-serve so the best guess is we shouldn't expect to see that again

On 5/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Better tasting food would be the better solution; X did the staff-serve buffet and went back to self-serve so the best guess is we shouldn't expect to see that again

Maybe that's part of the reason X has drastically raised their prices?