Single cabins on Nieuw Statendam

gailellen12

I have been in a single cabin on all three Pinnacle ships. For me they are great since I am not bothered by the motion. They war very comfortable and convenient to the Music Walk and Crows Nest for entertainment. The walk to the Lido or MDR is not bad. I would be happy to be there again.

I have stayed in one and it was fine for me.  A couple notes of caution.  First, since they are far forward the area where they sit slopes so the further back you can get among the cabins you can get the larger your cabin will be.  The other caution is about pricing,  Since there are few single cabins sometimes supply and demand makes them more expensive than other cabins.  What I tend to do is just set my number of passengers to one and see what the prices are.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I have stayed in one and it was fine for me.  A couple notes of caution.  First, since they are far forward the area where they sit slopes so the further back you can get among the cabins you can get the larger your cabin will be.  The other caution is about pricing,  Since there are few single cabins sometimes supply and demand makes them more expensive than other cabins.  What I tend to do is just set my number of passengers to one and see what the prices are.

Roy

Yes, you do have to check the singles against the price of one person in a double cabin. Cunard has single cabins on QM2, all OV, and they definitely cost more than half of a comparable double cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:31 PM, gailellen12 said:

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who was booked in this ocean view sub category. Pro and con opinions welcome. Did the location in the Main deck bow make for a rougher than usual sailing?  Thanks in advance

I just stayed in a single cabin on the NS and loved it. Yes, it's a bit of a walk to anything aft on the ship, but I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious my cabin was! 

There was a bit of noise one night during some rough seas. Something must have been loose and knocking about outside, but otherwise it was very quiet and extremely comfortable, especially the full sized bed.