Vietnam Cruise Stops and E-visa

cruisinsusin

Maybe it is not a problem, but...

When I print a pdf Vietnam e-visa, the state emblem of Vietnam and QR code on the sheet are not very sharp and look a little bit blurred even if I print in the best quality of print. Is it OK, please? Have you similar experience with the print?

I arranged  the visa cross third party organisation with good refferencies in Trustpilot (it wasn´t possible to pay with my Credit cards in official Vietnam state page -unknown reason) and in this era of the cheats I am little bit affraid.

6 hours ago, mispi said:

Maybe it is not a problem, but...

When I print a pdf Vietnam e-visa, the state emblem of Vietnam and QR code on the sheet are not very sharp and look a little bit blurred even if I print in the best quality of print. Is it OK, please? Have you similar experience with the print?

I arranged  the visa cross third party organisation with good refferencies in Trustpilot (it wasn´t possible to pay with my Credit cards in official Vietnam state page -unknown reason) and in this era of the cheats I am little bit affraid.

As long as your E-VISA number is clearly visible, the number xxxxxxxxx/EV  underneath the title "ELECTRONIC VISA".

Most cruise lines will verify your Vietnam E-VISA during your embarkment process and assign a pass for your Vietnam shore visit.

• 2 months later...

So I'm going to bump this up as e-visas for the Carnival Panorama in October are now entering the timeframe window. No info from Carnival as of yet. Still plenty of time. 

I am confused

This is from The UK government website

"You can visit Vietnam without a visa for up to 45 days for tourism or business. If you want to stay longer than 45 days, you can: book with a travel agent in Vietnam and ask them to apply for a visa pre-approval letter – your agent will tell you when to collect your visa from the embassy."

So why the need for a visa? I can assume US are treated Differently

3 hours ago, Neil_c said:

I am confused

"You can visit Vietnam without a visa for up to 45 days for tourism or business. If you want to stay longer than 45 days, you can: book with a travel agent in Vietnam and ask them to apply for a visa pre-approval letter – your agent will tell you when to collect your visa from the embassy."

United State v. UK. Different rules for all countries.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Neil_c said:

I am confused

As of 2024, passport holders for the following countries DO NOT need a visa to Vietnam:

Chile, Panama, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom (Not applicable to BNO), and Kazakhstan.

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival just notified guests of the planned October trans-Pacific that it will provide Visas for Vietnam onboard for $31. Fantastic news. 

36 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Carnival just notified guests of the planned October trans-Pacific that it will provide Visas for Vietnam onboard for $31. Fantastic news. 

Good 👍 loose leaf visa is US$5 and Carnival charges $26 for admission fee. Princess charges the most, US $75

29 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Good 👍 loose leaf visa is US$5 and Carnival charges $26 for admission fee. Princess charges the most, US $75

To travel there my understanding one needed an E-Visa. Directly from the government it's $25.

Just now, cruisinsusin said:

That was what we needed for our trip earlier this year

The fact that Carnival is literally doing it for a $6 premium is simply incredible. Huge thumbs up to them. I witnessed the wailing and gnashing of teeth last winter as folks were trying to figure out the entry Provinces, etc. on a competitor's cruise. Nightmare. They were roundly (and appropriately) criticised.

12 minutes ago, jsglow said:

The fact that Carnival is literally doing it for a $6 premium is simply incredible. Huge thumbs up to them. I witnessed the wailing and gnashing of teeth last winter as folks were trying to figure out the entry Provinces, etc. on a competitor's cruise. Nightmare. They were roundly (and appropriately) criticised.

A loose left visa mostly for cruise ship passengers with restriction. An E-VISA  is a general electronic visa. Cruise ship companies do have how-to sample document, and Vietnam gov't website does post list file for seaports and provinces. Actually is very easy to apply the e-Visa if collected all the required information ahead. Don't shoot first and ask questions later. 

8 hours ago, monkey@cruise said:

A loose left visa mostly for cruise ship passengers with restriction. An E-VISA  is a general electronic visa. Cruise ship companies do have how-to sample document, and Vietnam gov't website does post list file for seaports and provinces. Actually is very easy to apply the e-Visa if collected all the required information ahead. Don't shoot first and ask questions later. 

I stand by my statement. The fact that an exhaustive search of the interwebs is necessary to come up with the REQUIRED port address means it is difficult by definition. And seeing that all that is being done for me is a huge load off thousands of cruisers, myself included.  

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

I stand by my statement. The fact that an exhaustive search of the interwebs is necessary to come up with the REQUIRED port address means it is difficult by definition. And seeing that all that is being done for me is a huge load off thousands of cruisers, myself included.  

We received the seaport info from Celebrity email and I got the address from google map, shared with all CC members for our Celebrity sailing, everyone got the e-VISA without issue.

Information About the trip"
Entry through checkpoint - Vung Tau Seaport 
Exit through checkpoint - Nha Trang Seaport
Intended temporary resident address in Vietnam - Celebrity Millennium, Phu My Port, Phú Mỹ, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam
City/Province - BA RIA - VUNG TAU

image.png.93ad1d3c84c27c9f2a6ca71db2c2f40b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

I'm glad it worked out fine for you. I'm glad I didn't need to do the work. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

I already did the Celebrity sailing. Discovery Princess won't let us apply our own e-Visa, and must pay US $75/PP fee. (money grab). The google map address function is very handy, display in English and in local language. Use it to show local taxi driver where I want to go, no lost in communication translation. Enjoy your transpacific cruise.

We will be stopping in Vietnam in October (2024) on a Carnival ship and it looks like from an email we received from Carnival this past week that Visa's are all handled by Carnival with nothing for us to do......I can handle that.....

From the email:

• VIETNAM – A visa will be issued upon arrival (it is not necessary to apply for one ahead of the cruise). The cost of the visa and landing fee is US$31, per guest, which will be applied to your onboard Sail & Sign® account.